If you are looking into Honda Foreman 500 parts, you already know what a superb all-terrain vehicle it is. This quad-bike has caught the attention of many users because of its excellent performance. Whether you are a rancher or a farmer, you cannot help but admire this ATV.
While the entire ATV is a power performance deal, you can boost its ego a little more by adding high-quality tires. But to match this beast’s quality and robust nature, you need to make sure to get the best tires for Honda Foreman 500.
And since there are many tires for this vehicle, it is pretty challenging to find suitable ones. You also need to make sure the tires are durable and the correct size. But don’t sweat much regarding this problem because I have a top tire list for the Honda Foreman 500, and I believe it will help you figure out what to do next.
Top 5 Best Tires for Honda Foreman 500 Reviews
1. Full Set of ITP Mud Lite II ATV Tires
Everyone wants a deal that will help them save some bucks. And if you want such a deal to purchase the best Honda ATV tires, you can check out this four-tire package. The ITP Mud Lite II ATV Tires are popular because of their reasonable price and quality. They are comparatively lightweight and made to go smoothly on mud. Let’s see the features and benefits.
- Field Of Expertise: As you can tell from the tire names, they are made to show their fierceness in mud and other terrains. Though their mud grip is not what you can call “firm”, it is undoubtedly strong enough to ensure a smoother ride than ATVs with poor-quality ones.
- Tractions: These radial tires have excellent tractions to improve your ride times. If you use crawl speeds, you can easily tell the difference. Moreover, these tires will not let you feel any small bumps, even if they are there.
- Durability: You can rely on these 6-ply tires when it comes to extended durability. The thicker plies ensure the tires do not suffer any tear and wear anytime soon.
- Performance: These wheels did not limit themselves only for off-road performances. You can ride on roads without any balance difficulty. And whether it is raining or snowy, you can rely on the tires.
- Value: You couldn’t have asked for a better deal than this one. Rather than browsing for separate tires, you can get all four at once at a reasonable price. Besides, these tires are a perfect fit for a Honda Foreman 500 ATV.
2. Carlisle All Trail ATV Tire
You can get the Carlisle All Trail ATV Tire if you need all-terrain vehicle tires for harder surfaces like construction sites, small rock areas, and roads. While it does not come in a four-tire pack like my first pick, you can certainly choose the tires separately at an affordable price. But remember not to drive around a lot on soft surfaces with these tires. Let’s see the features and benefits of Carlisle.
- Tread Pattern: You will notice how tightly the treads are grooved on the tire. This tread pattern allows the tire to ride through rigid surfaces without significant issues.
- Riding Surface: You can ride on any hard surface, including small rocky areas, when you have this tire installed. Though the tire can handle various surfaces, it is best to avoid riding on soft surfaces.
- Size Range: Carlisle tires were not limited only to two or three sizes. While this tire size is suitable for a Honda Foreman 500, you can choose from its dozens of variable tire sizes for any other all-terrain vehicle.
- Durability: This ATV tire is not 6-ply like the ITP Mud Lite II. It is a 4-ply tire, meaning it is prone to puncture. However, the high-quality rubber surface makes up for the missing ply layers. Nevertheless, the construction is reliable enough to ride through most weather and road conditions.
- Cost: Some people believe the price for this tire is on the higher side. While I do not disagree, I cannot also deny that the price is quite reasonable compared to its performance and durability.
3. Wanda Set of 4 New ATV Tires
If you want a set of tires with deeper tread designs and a massive traction level, you should not miss trying out these Wanda ATV tires. These tires are reliable for rainy or muddy trails. You can choose from their many available sets of tires and save a good amount of money. Let’s see the features of Wanda tires.
- Four-In-One Tires: Purchasing separate tires can be pretty costly. But if you want to change all four tires of your ATV, this tire set can be a cost-effective option for you. The tires come in two different sizes as needed for Honda Foreman 500 front and rear tires.
- Strength: The tires are made with 6-ply layers. So you better not underestimate their strength because these tires can take around 360 pounds weight loads. They are less likely to get punctured. So you can ride them on various surfaces without worrying much.
- Versatility: Look at those V-angled tread patterns. They are made this way to glide over muddy trails and shake off most of the dirt. Moreover, the design allows you to take your vehicle over all terrains.
- Traction Protection: There are shoulder lugs over the rims and sidewalls of each tire. Their job is to provide traction protection during riding over rough terrains. However, these wheels are a little notorious for getting a bit bouncy on concrete surfaces.
4. Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire
Why do you think this tire is named Bearclaw? That is because of its ferocious grip on different types of trails. The Kenda ATV Tire will ensure everything stays under control, whether you ride on snow, mud, or off-road trails. The tire is lightweight, and you can purchase a single tire rather than a set if needed. Let’s find the features and benefits.
- Grip: The bear claw tread design grabs onto soft to medium surfaces easily to provide more stability. This stability is not just for riding comfort because it will also ensure a safer ride.
- Weight And Weight Capacity: The tire weighs 17.4 pounds only, making it pretty lightweight compared to most terrain vehicle tires. And despite being lightweight, the tire has a 340-pound weight capacity.
- Rimless Tire: Before purchasing this tire, know that it does not come with any rim. The package contains the tire only, meaning you have to purchase the rim separately.
- Protectiveness: Even though the wheel does not come with rims, it does come with a built-in rim guard. The advantage of this feature is that it will protect the wheels from various issues like dents and digs.
5. SunF A033 Power.I ATV UTV all-terrain Tires
My final picks are the SunF A033 Power.I for both ATV and UTV Tires. The bundle set contains both front and rear wheel tires, and they are designed to ensure all sorts of comfort for the user. Let’s find the features and benefits below.
- Tread Design: I liked the angled knobby treads on these tires. They are suitable for going over mud and snow without suffering any bumps and instability. With these tires, you can also ride on rocky areas with your quad bike.
- Construction: These rubber tires are comparatively lightweight than their competitors. Yet, they are capable of letting you experience smoother and faster rides.
- Performance: The SunF A033 Power.I All-Terrain Tires are made with high-quality rubber. The perk of such material is that they help boost the vehicle’s performance. Such tires tend to be more robust and do not back down unless the path ahead is too challenging.
- Durability: These 6-ply ATV tires last a surprisingly long time. Since the tires are not easily puncturable, you can literally sit back and drive your terrain vehicle without thinking too much.
- Cost-Effective: The users are not very pleased with the price. But if you compare it to most terrain vehicle tires, it is not that high-priced. And even if it seems expensive, you can save money in another way as these tires increase fuel efficiency.
How To Choose the Best Tires for Honda Foreman 500?
Choosing the best Honda Foreman ATV tire is almost the same as choosing any other ATV tire. Nevertheless, there are always some essential features and qualities that everyone should consider before purchasing tires for this vehicle. I urge you to check out the following buying guide to understand if you are getting the right tires.
Considering the tire type should be on the top of your checklist. Different types of terrain tires are made for different surfaces.
So, you might not get a similar experience if you get the wrong type of tires. You will find five different tires for the Honda Foreman 500, such as mud tires, sand tires, snow tires, hard-terrain tires, and racing tires.
The size of tires also varies like their types. All-terrain vehicles do not have the same front and rear tire sizes. The tire sizes need to be accurate as they will be handling the vehicle’s horsepower, torque, and more. If you purchase the wrong tires, the vehicle will lose its balance and perform poorly.
The tread style is one of the most challenging parts to consider when purchasing any ATV tire. The same goes for the Honda Foreman 500 tires because the tread pattern plays a significant role in the tires’ overall performance.
Nevertheless, the tread style should be based on the type of surface you will drive on. So it would be best to consult an on-spot expert before purchasing the tires.
You didn’t think the shape matters, did you? Well, turns out it does, especially when you are looking for the best Honda Foreman Tries. Generally, you will find two common tire shapes for this vehicle: round and flat.
The round tires with raised ridges are most suitable for driving on sand and wet roads. On the other hand, flatter designs are more preferred to drive on hard or medium surfaces. That is why they are more common in sports.
The tires’ traction quality is as vital as their tread styles. Tires with higher traction quality are more reliable to stop on wet surfaces without much hassle. On the contrary, stopping the vehicle can be troublesome if the tires’ traction is low compared to the vehicle and the roads.
Moreover, a vehicle with high traction level tires can transport loads without any issue. So you must consider this quality before you purchase the tires.
The ply-rating is basically the number of plies used in the tire. The more plies a tire has, the less prone it is to getting punctured. Moreover, a tire with a higher ply rating does not wear off anytime soon and can resist harsh situations.
But what should be the ply rating for the best tires for Honda Foreman 500? Though the tire ply rating for this vehicle ranges from 2 to 8, it is safer to go with the ones with at least 4 to 6 ply ratings.
The temperature score is the tire’s ability to resist high temperatures. All-terrain vehicles are pretty tough, and a lot of this toughness begins with their robust tires. So, you must consider getting tires that ensure to withstand different temperatures.
These vehicles’ temperature scores are A, B, and C. A tire with a score of A means it can resist the highest temperature and stay cool through the ride, with a 115 MPH speed rate.
Manufacturing Date Code
Most people do not know that the manufacturing date code is not something you should neglect. You will notice the numbers next to the letters on the tire’s sidewall.
The digits are basically the manufacturing year and month of the tire. It would be best if you did not purchase tires that are a few years older. Consider buying newer tires as they ensure maximum performance.
FAQs About Honda Foreman Tires
How long do tires last?
All-terrain vehicles can last 2-5 years, depending on how and where you drive them. It also depends on what type of weather and road conditions the tires are going through. Nevertheless, these tires tend to last longer if driven off-roads than on-roads.
How often should I change tires?
Tires do not require frequent changing. But you need to keep an eye on the tread tugs to know whether changing the tires is necessary. A worn-out tire will have less harsh or cracked tread tugs. And it is best to change all four tires at once.
What is the tire air pressure for the tires?
The air pressure for the Honda Foreman 500 tires differs from front to rear tires. The psi for TRX500FA front and rear tires are 3.6 and 3.6.
On the other hand, the psi level is slightly different for the TRX500FPA. Its front and rear tires’ psi levels are 4.7 and 3.6.
So, have you decided which tires you are going to buy? I understand if you are still weighing your options to find the best tires for the Honda Foreman 500. So why don’t I suggest a few from my top list to you?
If you want to save some money, the best thing to do is buy a set of 4 tires. And the best option for you here is the ITP Mud Lite II ATV Tire. These ATV tires are most users’ choice as they are robust, durable, and can resist harsh roadways.
On the other hand, if you want to purchase the tires separately, you can purchase either the Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire or the Carlisle All Trail ATV Tire. Nevertheless, make sure to double-check the tire sizes and know what type of roads they will be dealing with.