When the automotive market is full of either high-quality but expensive products or cheap but low-quality products, some brands provide you with guaranteed efficiency and affordability at the same time. Kenda is undoubtedly one of those few brands. We will be discussing the five best Kenda tires and answering the common questions we get from our customers while selling Kenda tires.
The most important compliment for the Kenda tires which made us proud as dealers is that they can be counted on, on the trail or the racetrack on the road equally. Users understand that these tires are engineered for performance and value across a wide range of products for all brands and models of tires.
Designed to perform well in all kinds of weather, all seasons, and all states of the USA, the Kenda tires come in various shapes, forms, and designs. They are made for automotive, as well as bicycles, Powersports, turf, trailer, and also for wheelchairs.
We will discuss the most popular and well-designed tires manufactured by Kenda as well as common factors that you should be aware of before purchasing.
Top 5 Kenda Tires Reviews in 2023
1. Kenda Vezda UHP A/S Tire
When your search is for a tire that has got it all, this Kenda Vezda UHP A/S will ensure the end of your search. You don’t have to look any further for a high-performance all-season tire that also matches your budget as well. The KR400 offers a rib asymmetric pattern with optimized footprints for excellent wear and is backed by a 50,000-mile limited warranty.
From our experience of the last two decades, we have seen that the drivers of sports cars, sedans, and coupes love the tires the most, and Kenda manufactures this value-priced tire mainly for them. The tires are developed at the new Kenda American Technical Center in Akron, Ohio. considered to be one of the top Kenda tires provide a great ride along with expert handling in the UHP category with a 50 AA A UTQG rating.
The tire is formulated with a special silica compound. This material is designed to perform perfectly equally for summer levels of wet and dry weather as well as strong cold weather and light snow capabilities as well. As these are performance tires, they will keep you road-savvy all year long.
- 3D siping to provide good snow traction.
- Maximizes dry handling performance.
- Four large circumferential grooves provide great hydroplaning and wet traction.
- Low void outside tread portion to maximize high-performance dry handling.
- The high void inside tread portion for great wet handling and tread performance.
2. Kenda Klever M/T KR29 Tire
Next, let’s talk about one of the most popular items from Kenda, the Klever R/T KR601 which is an excellent choice for off-road enthusiasts, especially for individuals who require a high-traction tire. For drivers off-road, we, as dealers, suggest this tire from Kenda so that they enjoy the extra improved traction, especially on wet and snow-covered surfaces.
The tires are engineered with scalloped shoulder blocks. These blocks are staggered to ensure improved traction when the surface is loose or soft. Another reason behind their popularity lies in the quality of their tread compound which is engineered for long life. The tread compound is specially formulated to make it chip and cut-resistant and especially suitable for off-road.
Kenda uses their own debris ejecting, suction-breaking ridges (called DESB, popularly). These ridges ensure that any kind of rock, mud, and debris get ejected, and not any of these get caught between tread elements. There are these continuous shoulder sidewalls that are used to provide a significant amount of additional traction along with extreme sidewall protection.
The full-depth sipes in the tread blocks of the tires are designed to ensure improved traction on wet and snow-covered surfaces.
- Low rubber-to-void ratio.
- Compounding for high traction, external climbing, and off-road traction.
- Variable shoulder block design to improve wear.
- Increased ride comfort with low road noise.
- Stone ejector bar effectively promotes self-cleaning.
- Enhanced traction and improved durability.
- Tread block sipes with variable angles improved edge effect, forward bite, and lateral grip.
- Sometimes on the wet surface, the sipes on the tread don’t work properly.
3. Kenda Klever KR601 Tires
When the customer’s aim is to conquer rough terrain, we, without any second thought, suggest this series from Kenda, KR601. You don’t have to sacrifice the ride or the comfort of an A/T tire when you use these Kenda tires. Kenda combines their triple-threat 3-ply sidewall for exceptional durability and an optimized tread design with a superior all-weather compound.
The abovementioned combination is the reason which turns the Klever R/T the right solution for 4×4 owners, especially in the dirt or any off-road environment. From the first time Kenda released this set of tires, we have been receiving reviews from customers that on the road, the KR601 has shown exceptional traction in addition to providing low road noise and strong performance during winter.
To adjust to snowy conditions, these tires are ready and pinned for winter studs. The upper sidewall tread blocks are aggressively styled and strong. They can assist with typically difficult mud and sand as well as gravel environments, especially when the construction gives long-lasting wear. An extreme rim protector shields the bead area and rim from close encounters with trail obstacles.
- 3 full carcass piles of polyester for protection from impact damage and punctures.
- Aggressive sidewall tread for better traction.
- Sidewall tread to protect against cutting, tearing, and abrasions.
- Robust bead protector shields the bead area and protection of the rim.
- Interlocking center tread locks for aggressive off-road, and snow performance.
- Large volumes to maximize hydroplaning resistance.
- Sometimes, rides a little rougher than you would like with your air suspension.
4. Kenda Klever S/T KR52 tires
To give your vehicle a different taste, the Kenda Klever KR52 can be a great choice. Kenda utilizes an asymmetrical tread design along with advanced engineering while manufacturing this set of tires. This design and engineering are chosen to supply confident, all-season performance for vehicles that require speed-rated technology.
Another very important reason to love this tire is its build-up to provide a long tread life. Unlike many other contemporary tires, this tire set from Kenda is loved for maximum ride comfort. In snow and other kinds of wet weather, the tires give an extremely balanced performance for a range of CUVs and light SUVs.
The users while giving us their real-life reviews, accepted the fact that the size of these tires is as accurate as claimed by Kenda, and after putting them in their 4X4 or jeeps, they got aggressive performance. Backed by a 60,000-mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty, the Klever S/T KR52 is also liked for its improved cornering stability and handling capabilities.
- Asymmetric tread design to balance inside and outside tire performance.
- Strong shoulder blocks enhance handling and cornering stability.
- Increased sipe and lateral groove densities.
- Improved traction performance, efficiency, and driving stability in snow conditions.
- Wide lateral groove width to improve wet traction.
5. Kenda Komet Plus KR23 Tires
Kenda’s Komet Plus KR23 is one of their standard performance tires, which is designed to give your vehicle a smooth ride in various weather and different kinds of roads. This model, representing the well-planned engineering by Kenda, has been loved by customers for its great tread design as well as its energetic performance in both off-road and on-road journeys.
Another important reason behind the popularity of this Kenda tire receives is because of its affordability. The users, when sending their reviews praised how KR23 has been a great support in snowy and wet – both kinds of weather. Along with its performance in different weather conditions, the users have always been happy about the tires’ fitment as well.
The reviews we get from the customers sound like the following – “ride certainly becomes softer with the new tires”, “these tires are very aggressive, logically priced and serve the purpose”, “ very comfortable and provide about an inch of extra ground clearance”, “grip is good, standard tread pattern bit beefier than stock size and stable at high speed as well as in corners”, “ fits beautifully” etc.
- Symmetrical tread design for better performance.
- Excellent rubber compound to maximize wet handling.
- Remarkable groove design to improve its water dispersion.
- One of the quietest tires from Kenda.
- Reliable traction in all weather conditions.
Buying Guide for Kenda Tires
Like other automotive products, Kenda tires also require to be studied well. There are many variations among the tires manufactured by Kenda and they come in various price range. So even after you decide to go for tires from Kenda’s house, you need to focus on various things to get the best out of your selected tires.
Here are some of the basic yet most important buying tips for you, if you are going to go for Kenda tires.
Kenda tires are different based on size, design, and material. Kenda manufactures tires especially suitable for off-road journeys, some for snowy weather, some others for extreme dry weather. First of all, you need to figure out the type of tire you are searching for based on your weather, geographical area etc.
Klever, Komet plus and many other Kenda models are available in the market for you, but you have to know the details of the service these tires provide.
Budget and Vehicle model
To decide the right type of Kenda tire, you must match the tires with your vehicle model, brand, year, and design. Apart from that, you are also supposed to plan the budget, though Kenda tires come with a very affordable price tag.
The tread life of a tire determines its durability and how long it will last. Kenda Tires offer excellent tread life, but it’s essential to consider your driving habits and the conditions you drive in when choosing the right tire for your vehicle.
Kenda Tires are moderately priced, making them an excellent choice for those looking for high-quality tires that don’t break the bank. Be sure to compare prices from different retailers to find the best deal.
Reasons to buy Kenda Tires
After we have discussed the best products from the house of Kenda, we should also explain the reason behind the choice of Kenda tires by a large number of our customers. There are some very simple yet rational reasons that you should think of Kenda tires before jumping towards the so-called popular brands and we are here to discuss those –
- Budget-friendly: Unlike popular brands, Kenda manufactures quality products but keeps the price range affordable. Usually, the price range of Kenda tires varies between $300-$500.
- Varieties: They manufacture tires for both bicycles and automotive and also for wheelchairs and tractors and different other types of vehicles. From this huge range of tires, you can choose according to your vehicle model and every other aspect.
- Traction: Tires from Kenda, as per the reviews from the users, impress them on both snowy, wet, and muddy terrain. Smooth journeys in sand and snow will give you the required confidence to drive safely.
- Noiseless journey: Tires from Kenda are considered to be the quietest journeys provided by any tire from any brand. They are known to be making low levels of noise but “roaring” smooth pavement. The tires from Kenda, especially the ones from the Klever series are known to be “neither whisper quiet nor too aggressive”.
How to Install Kenda Tires [DIY Video]
After going through the reviews of the best Kenda tires and knowing the benefits of choosing Kenda over other renowned brands, it is certainly easy for you to decide on the right tire for you. Now you know in which ways, tires from Kenda are designed to provide your vehicle comfort, ease, and aggressiveness at the same time.
We hope, from now on, while choosing tires from the store of Kenda, you will be wise enough to choose the right tire for your vehicle.