Tires for ATVs are special, and you need to be careful while buying them. ATV applications are often challenging for the tires. So, not all tire manufacturers offer high-quality tires for all-terrain vehicles. Among the brands offering high-quality tires, Duro is a widely known one.
In this Duro ATV tires review, I’ll talk about the features of these tires, their pros and cons, my opinion about them, and many more. If you need ATV tires or want to have a complete idea about Duro ATV tires, don’t miss this.
Here I’ll only discuss the ATV tires from this brand. Don’t mix it up with other product lines.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Duro and the Company
- 2 Are Duro ATV Tires Any Good?
- 3 Features of Duro ATV Tires
- 4 Dependable
- 5 High-Quality Manufacturing
- 6 Durability
- 7 Satisfactory Performance
- 8 Value for Money
- 9 Variation
- 10 Certified
- 11 Pros and Cons of Duro ATV Tires
- 12 My Favorite Top 2 Duro ATV Tires Reviews
- 13 1. Duro DI2037 FRONTIER All-Terrain ATV Bias Tire
- 14 2. Duro DI2020 Scorcher Tire
- 15 Availability of Duro ATV Tires
- 16 How to Take Care of Duro ATV Tires?
- 17 FAQs About Duro Atv Tires
- 18 Does Duro offer a warranty or guarantee?
- 19 How are Duro tires sold-Single or Set?
- 20 How to Install Duro Tires at Home
- 21 Final Verdict
About Duro and the Company
Duro is a brand backed by Hwa Fong Rubber Group from Taiwan. It started its journey long ago, in 1945. With multiple manufacturing facilities situated in Mainland China and Thailand, it offers tires worldwide. The manufacturing facilities and sales operation is handled by the headquarter in Taiwan.
Hwa Fong Rubber Group offers a wide range of tires through its brand Duro. From bicycles to buses, it offers all types of tires to the market. Through a carefully inspected and quality-controlled process, the tires are manufactured.
Duro comes from ‘Durability’, which explains the brand’s focus. Also, the four letters in Duro express four priority points- Dependable, Utility, Rapid, and Outstanding.
Are Duro ATV Tires Any Good?
From my perspective, the answer is- yes, Duro offers some good tires for ATVs. But I know you want to know more about it before believing my statement. That’s why I’ve discussed deeper about them.
From my research and experience, I can say that this brand offers some excellent tires for ATV users. You’ll find all-terrain tires, tires for mud and sand, racing tires, etc., from the brand. No matter which one you pick, you’ll find it the perfect choice for the specific application.
Duro offers dependable build quality, smooth performance, and durability through its tires. Let’s know more about them.
Features of Duro ATV Tires
Duro ATV tires are dependable on the specific application it comes for. Under the brand, you’ll find more than forty ATV tires for different purposes. The tread pattern and materials are different for each purpose to offer the best benefit on the surface you’re driving.
High-quality material is used to build Duro tires. Besides the quality material, careful design and regularly maintained manufacturing process have made these tires one of the best choices for ATV users.
You won’t find many tires serving you as long as Duro tires do. The long experience of 70 years in manufacturing and R&D helps Duro to design such durable tires.
Besides high-quality rubber compounds, the application-focused design allows them to stay with you for a long time and serve you better than expected.
These tires offer ultimate satisfaction to the users. Being specifically made for specific applications, they perform really well, as expected. This is what helps them to satisfy the users.
Value for Money
I won’t say that Duro tires are priced cheap. You’ll have to spend a decent amount of money on it. But what you’ll get in return is often more than expected. They definitely offer the exact, or better, value you want for the money you spend.
Just for ATV applications, Duro offers more than forty types of tires. The applications include racing, paved roads, utility, mud/sand, and all-terrain. Almost all are available in multiple sizes to fit multiple vehicle models and makes.
Such variation is not found in many top tire brands. Because of the variation, you’ll surely find a set of tires from this brand for your vehicle.
Several Duro tires are certified by quality control organizations. The process and quality meet several quality standards, including- D O T, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and E-mark.
Duro won Red Dot Award and Taiwan Excellency Award in 2018.
Pros and Cons of Duro ATV Tires
- Rugged construction with stiff sidewalls
- Aggressive tread pattern with deep treads to support the most in specific trail
- Carefully developed special rubber compound
- Multiple-ply design to ensure load capacity and stability
- Designed to ensure better handling of the ATV
- Lightweight yet sturdy tires
- Racing options available
- A variety that is hardly found
- A few reviews say that it doesn’t last as it should
- Finding the right one can take a lot of time because of the wide variety
My Favorite Top 2 Duro ATV Tires Reviews
1. Duro DI2037 FRONTIER All-Terrain ATV Bias Tire
Frontier is the perfect ATV tire if you want to use it on hard terrains. It is designed to run through the pavement, hard-pack, and loose-on-hard terrain. Though they call it an all-terrain tire, I don’t think it would support you as it should on muddy or sandy trails.
It comes with a directional tread pattern with deep and stiff treads to ensure strong support on off-trails. Multi-directional and multiple-sized sipes are placed to bite the surface properly. It comes with a minimum 4-ply design for strong support, whereas 6-ply and 8-ply designs are also available for several ATVs.
It offers you better control over your ATV with its redial construction. I find Frontier helpful and supportive in most cases. Because of the overall innovative construction, it received Red Dot Award 2018.
I love Frontier because of its rugged look and durability. You can’t expect such durability from most ATV tires out there. Also, it has significantly reduced road noise compared to the OE one.
- Sturdy design for strong support and weight capacity
- Treads and sipes for supporting off-roading
- Gives your ATV a rugged look
- Award-winning design
- A bit thin between lugs
2. Duro DI2020 Scorcher Tire
I love racing with ATVs sometimes as a recreational activity. For such an application, Scorcher can be a great pick. It is designed for the rear wheels to support you while you’re running to be on the top of the list.
It comes with a large contact surface with the road for better control and handling on the track. Besides, the grooves are deep enough to swipe away the water and ensure better traction.
Multiple-shaped tread patterns and multiple-sized sidewall treads offer you the best contact with the surface. It is also equipped with a solid centre strip that helps you to accelerate properly to beat the competition.
As a racing tire, it comes with a comparatively stronger surface but shorter durability. Still, it offers longer support in races compared to your stock tires. Scorcher is available in 2-ply, 4-ply, and 6-ply ratings for different vehicles.
I won’t say this is the best ATV racing tire for you, but it can certainly be a good pick.
- Designed for better surface contact and acceleration
- Offers better handling
- Designed for wiping away water easily
- Better speed rating than the OE tire
- Only for rear wheels
Availability of Duro ATV Tires
You won’t have to face many hassles to buy these ATV tires. They are available worldwide online and offline.
Online e-commerce platforms like Amazon sells several models of these ATV tires. Also, tire or automobile-based websites like Dennis kirk and Chapmoto sell these tires too.
Also, the automobile accessory shops in your town might sell them too. Search there, and you’ll find it, maybe. If they don’t have Duro or your preferred model, ask them to get you a set. They’ll source according to your demand.
How to Take Care of Duro ATV Tires?
Just like any other thing, taking proper care allows you to use the Duro tires a bit longer. Also, maintenance is important for satisfactory performance. Let’s see how you can deal with these tires properly.
- Maintain the tire pressure properly. Don’t use the ATV with a different tire pressure than the recommended one.
- Picking the right tire has no alternative if you want it to support you for a long time. A sand tire won’t last long on paved roads or racing applications.
- Maintain the balance of the tires. Well-balanced tires last for a long time. If they are not balanced, wear or tear happens faster because of improper load balance and pressure.
- Don’t keep the tires directly exposed to the sun’s rays for long. Long sun exposure is not good for tire materials. So, park under a shade.
- If you plan to store the ATV for a long time, ensure that the tires are not in contact with the surface. This will damage them.
- Clean the tires often. Don’t let dirt and debris on it. The tire gets damaged soon if you let the dirt settle in the deep groves.
FAQs About Duro Atv Tires
Does Duro offer a warranty or guarantee?
Duro doesn’t say anything about warranty or guarantee for ATV tires on its official website. It’s better to communicate with the seller and talk about this before buying one.
How are Duro tires sold-Single or Set?
These tires are typically sold in single pieces. However, some online merchants, as well as offline sellers, may sell them as a set. It depends on the preference of the seller.
How to Install Duro Tires at Home
So, this is all about Duro tires for ATV users. I guess now you have a better idea about them than before. Now it’s time to pick the perfect one.
There is no best tire. For each purpose, there is a different best pick. A trick is, while buying tires for your ATV, try to get a model that is a few years old. You’ll get more information about them through user reviews. Also, they are often packed with recent innovations and technologies.
Best of luck with your purchase of ATV tires. I think you’ll give Duro a shot after reading this Duro ATV tires reviews.
Leave a Reply