Anybody looking to upgrade their car quality should start with their struts if they need replacement. They are there to soften the collision of bumpy grounds to keep the occupants unaffected by vibrations.
However, when struts wear out, their capability of absorbing shocks wanes dramatically, causing your rides to become wobblier. So, to get you a bunch of replacement options, I have gathered the best struts from FCS.
There will be 5 struts reviews discussing everything about them. You will also learn about the things you should consider prior to your purchase, apart from general inquiries.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 5 Best FCS Struts Reviews
- 2 1. FCS 1332301 Complete Strut Assembly
- 3 2. FCS 1332319R Complete Strut
- 4 3. FCS 1332306R Complete Strut Assembly
- 5 4. FCS 1335793 Complete Strut Assembly
- 6 5. FCS 1331612R Complete Strut
- 7 FCS Struts Overview and Customer Testimonial
- 8 How To Buy The Best FCS Struts?
- 9 Struts Size
- 10 Spring Rate
- 11 Location
- 12 Weight Redistribution Rating
- 13 Others
- 14 Different Types Of Struts
- 15 Coilover Struts
- 16 Gas-Charged Struts
- 17 Pneumatic Struts
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions About FCS Struts
- 19 Are FCS struts any good?
- 20 Where does FCS manufacture its products?
- 21 How long do struts last?
- 22 Can struts really improve rides?
- 23 What if my struts break down when I am driving?
- 24 How to Install FCS Struts Assembly
- 25 Final Words
Top 5 Best FCS Struts Reviews
1. FCS 1332301 Complete Strut Assembly
The 1332301 Complete Strut Assembly from FCS is the best bargain you can ask for in the market. A lot of times, the price tag indicates the quality you should expect. But here, the product offers more than meets your eye.
Features and Benefits:
- Safety First: Upper mounts and lower mounts are the key components of the struts. So, when you install them in your car, they will add more safety and keep your rides well-secure on any ground.
- Minimization Of Wear And Tear: While serving you for a long time, the struts will also ensure durable service from your car tires and other parts. It complements the components by enhancing their performance and reducing wear and tear.
- Ease Of Setup: Easy setup is a given with FCS products. This set includes the necessary items to place in your vehicle, facilitating a swift installation without additional equipment. A unique feature is that you will not have to separate the current struts while setting up the new ones. That will cut down more setup time.
- Enjoyable Rides: There is heavy compression in the struts, yet another reason to invest in them. The component has a vital role in making your rides smoother, comfier, and quieter.
- Simple and fast setup
- No requirements for compressing the coil spring
- Safe, calm, and comfortable rides
- No requirements for special tools
- Inclusion of accessories
- Affordable and durable
2. FCS 1332319R Complete Strut
Users who drive regularly need sturdy struts to support their vehicles efficiently. The 1332319R FCS struts will satisfy that need better than others, with safety as its priority.
Features and Benefits:
- Quality Materials: The struts comprise OEM-quality steel, capable of passing all quality tests. It assures a user of the reliability of the struts’ performance. When your struts are well-performing, your vehicle will also become well-performing. And you will notice that soon after installing these struts.
- Easy To Install: Easy setup is an essential criterion for beginners in the case of auto parts, second to affordability. And it looks like these FCS struts have it all. Many users prefer them because of their convenience, owing to the absence of a spring processor. Besides, you will receive new bushings and mounting brackets with the delivery package. Overall, the setup should not take anyone more than an hour.
- Quiet Rides: Your mind will be at peace when driving your vehicle with these struts. But I should mention that they might make a loud sound during a 0-degree temperature. That can also happen in the beginning when they are brand-new. As you keep using them, they will become calmer.
- Super Fast Delivery: Many customers said they received their products surprisingly fast. So, anyone reading the review and seeking a quick struts replacement should order them right away if they meet their demands. And they should because the price is reasonable, the performance is trustworthy, and it is the perfect choice for standard and everyday-use cars.
- Improved materials
- Calm rides
- Capable of performing everyday
- The package includes essential setup tools
- Not the best replacement option for high-end cars
3. FCS 1332306R Complete Strut Assembly
FCS manufactures many struts, but the 1332306R ones come straight from the manufacturing factory to give you back the original rides of your car with a profusion of services to offer.
Features and Benefits:
- Better EVERYTHING: The first and foremost thing to make these FCS struts a distinct item is their purpose. They will contribute to every part of your vehicle to get it back to its original form. For example, it will enhance control and handling. As a result, your car will not shake and feel out of control on knobbly and uneven roads. You can maneuver it into holding tight, staying stable and calm, and performing as it once did. They are unarguably the best FCS struts to relive the old rides with your dear vehicle companion.
- Well-Constructed: FCS maintains a standard quality in all its products, but this one’s construction is worth your attention. The alignment of all mounting holes and brackets is just perfect. With better handling and power, the struts will restore the ride height and make your driving firmer.
- Budget-Friendly: There goes a saying that quality does not come cheap. Though that is true in many cases, it is debatable in the case of FCS. The price is surprisingly budget-friendly compared to its performance and functions. It also has a fantastic fitting, giving you no chance to complain about anything.
- Warranty: Unlike the other 3 items, there is a manufacturer warranty available with this one. So, you should not be anxious about quality while purchasing. In case anything goes wrong, you can contact FCS customer service and request it.
Related Post: Top Rated Ignition Coils from Bravex [Review]
- Enhancement in control and handling
- Better stability on any roads
- Calm and firm rides with resorted ride height
- Perfect alignment and durable construction
- High affordability and warranty
- Too stiff
4. FCS 1335793 Complete Strut Assembly
The purpose of the 1335793 strut assembly is the same as the previously reviewed one. Some differences are that 1335793 is pricier than 1332306R, so it is structurally better and more reliable.
Features and Benefits:
- OEM Quality: If you think the previous one will fail to deliver a quality performance or break down after a couple of months, you can get these. You can haul as much as you want and will not hear a peep from the struts. Their design was made to pass OEM quality, assuring you of long-term service without causing any issues.
- Heavy-Duty Construction: The manufacturer built the struts with a powerful chrome piston rod to withstand high stress and pressure, indicating their better structural integrity. It also used Japanese oil to ensure flawless performance and lower friction.
- Gas-Charged: Any struts being gas-charged means they are distinctly powerful to take in vibrations and shocks. They can do that because the gas is not easy to compress. It will escape into the chrome piston rod with the NOK seals and stay inside. That aids the piston in functioning with an unaltered energy level all its life.
- Top-Notch Balance: These struts will boost your car’s performance considerably enough to retrieve its old energy. You will feel a new-found balance between control and comfort, ideal for any conditions. Therefore, you will get your desired output from them during any season.
- Value For Money: The price of the struts is not terribly high, although higher than the other one. But if you look at the gas-charged design equipped with a piston rod, you will see that it compensates well for the additional features.
- Trustworthy performance without any hassles
- Reasonably priced
- A hefty design to deal with vibrations
- Suitable for different driving conditions
- More control over rides
- Rides becoming a bit rough after a while
5. FCS 1331612R Complete Strut
These FCS struts have quite an aesthetic appearance different from others with their mirror finish. However, there are also other properties to distinguish them. Find them out below!
Features and Benefits:
- Enhanced Control And Speed: The primary role of these struts is to augment your vehicle’s balance. So you get higher control over it even during challenging conditions, which allows you to drive faster. In short, your ride quality and traveling speed will get a boost from the struts.
- Heavy-Duty Compression: You will not feel potholes or rough terrain because the struts will reduce vertical motion to a large extent. They can expertly absorb lots of unwanted movements. Besides, they will successfully pass the test of time even after encountering countless tremors due to the resilient compression.
- High Compatibility: That is another distinguishing feature of these FCS struts. The brand will calibrate it to match your car’s valve combination to ensure compatibility. Additionally, as they are custom-made, they will be easy to set up. And know that not many struts are customized to suit specific valving combinations. That is another reason why many users prioritize this option over others.
- Wide Range Of Temperatures: With higher structural integrity, the struts have high ranges of temperatures to withstand iteration while generating heat. That will translate into quality rides regardless of your regular driving speed.
- Others: The 1331612R struts are also OEM-quality and gas-charged with the potential to stand up to longitudinal pressure. When you appraise all these factors, it becomes clear why they make a worthy replacement for your old struts.
- Speedy driving on tough grounds
- Absorption of unwanted movements
- Customized to match particular valving combinations
- Wide temperature range
- Capable of resisting high pressure
- Too small lower mount bolts
FCS Struts Overview and Customer Testimonial
How To Buy The Best FCS Struts?
The buying guide consists of a number of tips to help you fix your purchase decision. Since vehicle struts have various functions and purposes, it will benefit you by shortlisting your preferences.
Struts have different sizes, depending on their type and brand. Although that may seem unimportant, many vehicle manufacturing companies utilize a specific dimension range. Have it checked with your car and get the struts that match its model.
The spring rate determines the response of each strut to the force imposed upon it. A higher rate will make your rides firmer, and a lower one will give you a softer vibe with a better grip. Choose your product based on how you want your rides.
You can install your struts in your car’s right and left sides, rear, and front. So, you have to decide on the area you want to become more stable and select the gear accordingly.
Weight Redistribution Rating
It tells you the amount of weight your struts can transfer during turns, acceleration, and abrupt stops. A piece too soft will dip, lift, or canter during the force application and fail to assist. In a situation like that, you will find it extremely hard to control your car.
When going through various struts, prioritize the ones with a rugged build and higher weight transfer rating.
The top 4 criteria are a must for your consideration. When you have shortlisted your preferred struts, examine other factors like stroke, the shock absorber type, the spring leg, the coil, and the extended length to specify your options further.
Different Types Of Struts
There are mainly 3 types of struts – Coilover, gas, and pneumatic. They function under the same principle of minimizing the possible driving shock by lowering the impact of gas, oil, and springs.
Coilover Struts, AKA MacPherson Struts, have coils over the head of struts that cause extra dampening of movements. FCS sells them with a useful and easy-to-install design.
They contain both oil and gas. The additional feature of adding gas is the reduction of foaming and enhancement of the struts’ overall efficiency. FCS designs gas-charged struts, too, with better compatibility and higher resistance to pressure. They will function effectively under any driving circumstances.
Pneumatic or hydraulic struts contain oil to dampen the shock during rides when oil compression occurs. You can check them out on FCS’ website and see whether they match your demands.
Frequently Asked Questions About FCS Struts
Are FCS struts any good?
Yes. The brand guarantees that each FCS strut model satisfies OEM quality, referring to the struts’ high-quality and long-lasting performance. They will function remarkably well even when you drive your vehicle at high speeds.
Where does FCS manufacture its products?
FCS is a USA-based automotive brand that manufactures its products in Michigan. Its products include struts, strut assemblies, shock absorbers, coil springs, monotone shocks, etc.
How long do struts last?
Struts last 50k to 100k miles or 5 to 10 years on average in optimal driving conditions. Making quality, uneven roads, towing, aggressive driving, and heavy loads are some factors that can shorten their lifespan.
Can struts really improve rides?
Many consumers have a hard time believing that struts can do wonders for their vehicles. A brand-new set of struts can empower your car to take corners and brake as capably as a new one.
What if my struts break down when I am driving?
You must fix it ASAP. Struts absorb your car’s bounce as it runs over bumpy roads. It will not be comfortable for you and others in the vehicle to carry on with broken struts. Plus, it can cause danger in emergencies.
How to Install FCS Struts Assembly
You can pick any of the products I reviewed. I do not say that because they are the best FCS struts but because each has the most expected performing characteristics to serve any user. Furthermore, they are budget-friendly, long-lasting, and easy to set up and use.
The only thing to make a difference in your choice is your purpose. For example, the 1332306R struts will be the most suitable for firmer rides. And off-road performance is much better with them.
Then you have 1332319R strut assembly dedicated to stabilizing rides, improving control, and giving sound rides. They will also support you with daily rides.
Finally, users preferring gas-charged equipment will have their minds blown by the 1331612R struts. They are excellently solid, strapping, and supportive while providing the unique advantage of a gas and oil combo.