Ignition coils work to increase the power of the 12V car battery to a much higher voltage spark for the combustion of fuel. Without it, your car won’t even start. So having a good one in your car is mandatory.
The OE ignition coil of your car supports you for a long time but doesn’t last forever. So, at some point, you should consider replacing the OE coil with a new one. That’s the time you face confusion because there are many coils available from different brands.
I guess you’ve already heard about BraveX ignition coils, and now you want to know how good they are. For you, I’ve designed my BraveX ignition coil review, where everything about these coils is discussed.
After checking this review, you’ll know everything you need to know before making a purchase decision. So, this is going to help you a lot.
Let’s not waste time anymore and start talking about the features of these coils.
BraveX Ignition Coils Review [Notable Features]
BraveX has several ignition coil models for different models and makes of vehicles. They are different based on structure, but the materials and other features are almost similar. Here I’ll be sharing the features of these ignition coils that you should know.
These coils are made of high-quality materials sourced from different places. The wire is made of thick German copper to ensure dependable performance. High-temperature epoxy from Japan and top-grade silicon magnetic steel is used to build the body.
BraveX coils are manufactured in the TS16949 quality control system-certified factory. So, strict quality control standards are followed to build these coils. Also, each coil is tested after manufacture. This step ensures that only good ones are going to the users.
Under this brand, several models of ignition coils are designed and manufactured to match several common vehicle models and makes. So, there is a chance of finding one for your vehicle.
According to the website of BraveX, these ignition coils are available for 2001-2008 Ford Escape, Ford Taurus 2001-2004, Ford Freestyle 2005-2007, Ford Crown Victoria 1998-2011, Ford Excursion 2000-2005, Ford Expedition 2000-2004, Ford Explorer 2002-2005, and several other models of Ford including E-150, E-250, E-350, E-450, Mazda tribute 2001-2009, Mercery Mariner 2005-2008, and several makes of Mercury Montego and Sable.
Also, BraveX is made for Chevrolet Colorado and Trailblazer, GMC Canyon, Isuzu I-350, I-280, I-290, and I-370, Hummer H3, Acura (CL, FL, RL, TL), Honda Accord and Odyssey, Lincoln Mark LT and Navigator, and Nissan (Ultima, Maxima, Frontier, Pathfinder, Murano, Xterra, Quest), etc.
As made for specific vehicle models, BraveX ignition coils are easy-to-install. You can remove the OE ignition coils and put the BraveX in its place. Installation doesn’t need any specific tools.
You can install it easily if you have enough knowledge and experience about what’s under the hood of your vehicle. This will save some bucks.
BraveX is made to ensure smooth performance. The coils under this brand are compatible with high-performance racing applications. According to the manufacturing company, it offers 15% better performance compared to OE coil.
You’ll see the difference while using it. It immediately recovers your vehicle from the common ignition issues you were facing.
According to BraveX, its ignition coils offer improvement in fuel economy and throttle response. Many users have also ensured that they’ve seen a slight improvement in mileage after installing these coils. The vehicle response while starting was satisfactory too.
Stable in Extreme Conditions
Being made of high-quality materials following strict quality control standards, these coils also show optimum performance in extreme weather conditions. It may be scorching heat outside, but your BraveX coil won’t be affected.
Also, it works well when it is extremely cold outside.
BraveX ignition coils are priced unbelievably low. Compared to most other ignition coils out there, these come with a price tag that might raise a question about their reliability and performance.
But BraveX has been able to ensure reliability at a low price. A set of these ignition coils would cost you around $60. You won’t find any other coil that offers such performance in this price range.
Almost all the ignition coils from BraveX come with a lifetime warranty, which means the manufacturer has got your back for a long time.
However, it doesn’t mean that BraveX coils would last as long as you last.
The typical lifetime of a BraveX coil is supposed to be more than 100,000 miles or a year. If anything happens to your coils within this time, BraveX will check and replace them if possible.
BraveX offers a money-back guarantee which offers that you’ll get your money back if you find any issue in the coils within 60 days.
It expresses the confidence of BraveX in its products.
Pros and Cons of BraveX Coils
- Comes to solve maximum ignition problems
- High-quality build material is used
- Manufactured through a quality-ensured process
- Offers better performance than OE ignition coil
- Comes at a very reasonable price
- A lifetime warranty is provided with each coil
- Reliable and stable even in extreme weather conditions
- Ensures value for the bucks you spend on them
- It feels a bit cheap when you take them in hand. However, that’s not a big issue as it performs quite well.
- Maybe the best option in this price range, but not the best among all the ignition coils available in the market.
My Top Favorite BraveX Ignition Coil
BraveX 1008 Super High Energy Ignition Coils
Being made of high-temperature epoxy, thick German copper wires, and top-grade silicone magnetic steel, this ignition coil is the exact thing you’re looking for. It is a direct OE plug-in replacement for compatible vehicles.
It is made following a strict quality control process. That’s why I got a great performance. The manufacturer says it is 15% better than OE ones. I think the claim is true because I haven’t seen any engine misfire since installing them. The German copper wire never fails to do its duty.
It offers a maximum 60,000V voltage, which is good enough to ignite the fuel.
I won’t ensure that you’ll see an improvement in mileage and throttle response, but you may find a change in the throttle response.
You’ll get eight OE-style ignition coils with boots and springs in the package. All you need to do is get rid of the old coils and put the new ones from BraveX in their places.
It is made for Ford F-150, F-250, F-350, Crown Victoria, Mustang, Expedition, etc. It can also be used in Lincoln and Mercury too.
Related Post: Top Rated Struts from FCS Review
- Comes in a reasonable price range
- Offers better performance than OE
- Fixes ignition issues instantly
- Ensures value for the bucks spent on it
- May not offer additional improvement, like better mileage
Ways to Take Care of BraveX Ignition Coil
Though BraveX ignition coils come with a lifetime warranty, you need to take proper care of them. The hassles of warranty claims and things associated with them are not easy to face. Below are some ways to take care of a car ignition coil.
- Clean the coil regularly. You don’t need to do this every month. Check it regularly and see if it is clean or not. If not, clean it. Follow the right way while cleaning the coil. Getting it done by an expert is recommended.
- Make sure that the spark plugs are not damaged. Faulty spark plugs may create issues in the ignition coils.
- Heat and vibration can be problematic for ignition coils. So, install the coils properly to ensure they face less vibration and avoid extra heat.
- Use the right coil that is compatible with your vehicle. Using the wrong one might result in quicker damage and a shorter lifespan of the coils.
How to install Bravex Ignition Coil?
To install a Bravex Ignition Coil, you will need to follow these general steps:
- Locate the ignition coil on your vehicle’s engine. It is typically located near the top of the engine and is connected to the spark plugs.
- Disconnect the battery to prevent electrical shock while working on the engine.
- Locate the spark plug wire that is attached to the ignition coil. This wire is typically connected to a distributor cap or individual spark plugs.
- Remove the wire by gently pulling it out of the distributor cap or spark plugs.
- Unscrew or unbolt the old ignition coil from its mounting bracket, making sure to save any hardware that was holding it in place.
- Take the new Bravex ignition coil and place it in the same position as the old ignition coil.
- Replace all the hardware that was holding the old ignition coil in place, and Tighten it securely.
- Reattach the spark plug wire to the new ignition coil.
- Reconnect the battery and start the engine to test that the new ignition coil is working properly.
- If the engine starts and runs smoothly, the installation is complete. If not, you may want to double-check that all the connections are tight and that the spark plug wire is properly attached.
Note: The above steps are a general guide, and the process may vary depending on the specific make and model of your vehicle. It is recommended to consult your vehicle’s service manual or a professional mechanic for specific instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do I need to use BraveX ignition coils with other BraveX components?
It’s not mandatory to use other BraveX components when you’re using BraveX ignition coils. They are designed to work well with your stock components or perfect replacements. So, you can have the ignition coils only, install them, and drive your vehicle.
Where are the BraveX coils manufactured?
I haven’t found any information from a strong source about this. Several answers on Amazon say that these coils are made in China.
Do all BraveX ignition coils improve performance?
I can ensure that all the BraveX coils you see are able to help you with maximum ignition issues. However, I can’t guarantee anything when it comes to performance improvements, like mileage or throttle response.
Some users have experienced slight improvement, whereas some don’t have seen any improvement in these fields.
How to Easily Install Bravex Ignition Coil Pack
In this BraveX ignition coil review, I’ve tried to cover everything you have to learn about them. I guess now you have a better idea.
Overall, these coils are good performers in a reasonable price range. So, people who don’t have a huge budget for ignition coils should try this. They offer better value than the bucks you need to spend on them. Most of the users have loved them, me too.
So, as you’re searching for a set of ignition coils to replace the OE ones, try BraveX. You won’t regret this decision.
Leave a Reply