Have you ever been in a situation where the hauled goods or baggage on your truck bed tripped over because of a bumpy ride? Or maybe, you covered them up with plastic or something, but they ended up covered in dust or rainwater? We are pretty sure you are familiar with these incidents.
It is cool to own a truck, such as a Toyota Tacoma. And as much as you love your vehicle, it is natural to ensure the truck bed remains clean and the baggage stays safe.
That’s when you know that you need a truck bed cover. But you have to know which cover is the best Tacoma tonneau cover. But since you are already here to know more, we urge you to check the following reviews, buying guide, and more to find the answers to your questions.
Top 10 Best Tacoma Tonneau Cover Reviews
1. Tyger Auto T3 TG-BC3T1530 Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Tyger Auto is a well-known brand and popular for its top-notch truck bed covers. If you are looking for the best tonneau cover for Tacoma, this brand is hard to miss. And this Tyger Auto T3 TG-BC3T1530 Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Cover is one of their best-selling tonneau covers.
- Material And Design: It is a tri-fold tonneau cover made with dual-coated marine-grade vinyl. The frame is made of high-grade aluminum frames. Moreover, the cover comes with stainless steel clamps. So, you can expect top-notch performance from this high-quality tonneau cover.
- Installation: The installation process is quite simple in case you are worried about it. The cover comes pre-assembled with all the necessary hardware for installation. However, you may need to cut a few holes in the Bedliner to secure the clamps.
- Efficiency: This Tyger Auto T3 TG-BC3T1530 Soft Tri-Fold truck bed cover is not only about installation and users’ efficiency. Other than those, some users have found that it can improve gas mileage up to 13%.
- Bed Access: If you are looking for a full-access truck bed cover, this one is not for you. One-third of this tri-fold truck bed cover will stay over the truck bed.
- Price: It is one of those truck bed covers that are neither expensive nor cheap. But it comes at a reasonable price that makes this cover affordable.
- User-friendly cover and function
- The pre-installed cover is easy to install
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Durable softcover is tear-resistant
- Aluminum frames are corrosion-resistant
- Improves gas mileage
- Clamps are not very durable
- The instruction is vogue
2. Tyger Auto T1 Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
If you want a Tyger Auto truck bed cover but with 100% bed access, you can check out the Tyger Auto T1 Soft Roll-Up tonneau cover. It is also robust, durable, and suitable for protecting your truck bed and the items on it from harsh weather.
- Material: Tyger Auto T1 Soft Roll-Up truck bed cover is made with durable marine-grade vinyl. The aircraft-grade aluminum side rails are strong and ensure the cover stays in its place.
- Installation: It does not take long to install the Tyger Auto T1 Soft Roll-Up tonneau cover. It is a no-drill truck bed cover, and this feature reduces a lot of installation hassle for you.
- Convenience: The cover comes with strips that allow you to keep it rolled up in a place when not in use. It means you will get full bed access, unlike the foldable model.
- Protection: This roll-up cover comes with a latch lock and adjustable tension. These systems keep the truck bed covers tight and secure. And the locking system will keep thieves at bay.
- Weatherproof: As the truck bed cover is made with marine-grade dual-coat vinyl, it provides maximum protection against tear, dust, and water. Regardless of the rough weather, you can drive on with the extra mileage the bed cover ensures.
- Budget-friendly low-cost cover
- Easy to install and does not require extra help
- Security latch and locking system ensures maximum protection
- Weatherproof and tear-resistant
- Low-maintenance cover
- Provides full bed access
- Cover flaps when driving at a high speed
- Some customers complained regarding receiving flimsy clamps
3. Gator ETX 59410 Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
Larger truck beds need a stronger bed cover to ensure the entire truck bed stays safe. That’s why we have picked the Gator ETX 59410 Soft Tri-Fold truck bed tonneau cover. This is a 6’2″ truck bed cover, but you can choose from smaller options.
- Fitment: The Gator ETX 59410 Soft Tri-Fold truck bed tonneau cover will fit the 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma. But it only fits 6’2″ or 73.7″ truck beds. Measure your truck beds from the inside to make sure you get the right size.
- Design: It is a tri-fold truck bed cover, and you can fold or unfold it without anyone’s help. The cover comes with an integrated buckling system to ensure it stays in place when not in use. Unfortunately, you will get only two-thirds of bed access due to its folding design.
- Installation: You hardly need many tools to install this truck bed cover. Since it is a no-drill cover, all you have to do is clamp the rails and set up the cover. It will take less than half an hour to complete the installation.
- Material: The cover’s material is industrial-grade vinyl, and the frame is made of heavy-duty aluminum. The quality of the cover is excellent, and you can use it for a long time.
- Sealing: This Gator truck bed cover provides extra sealing protection against dust and rain. It hardly leaves any gap between the cab and the cover. That’s why it is highly effective to protect from rain and dust.
- Durable material
- Does not take a long time to install
- Protects against rain and other weather conditions
- Custom-fit design
- Affordable price
- Does not provide full bed access
- Not exactly low-profile
4. TruXedo TruXport 256001 Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
If you are looking for a truck bed cover that is easier to use and handle, the TruXedo TruXport 256001 Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Cover can meet your expectations. This soft cover is durable, user-friendly, and comes at an affordable price.
- User-Friendly: The cover is pretty lightweight. As a result, you can handle it without any help. Moreover, you can roll it up on your own simply by unlocking the tailgate. On the contrary, the installation can take a long time if you do it on your own.
- Fitment And Warranty: It is built to fit the 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma but with 5’1″ truck bed covers. The manufacturer provides a no-hassle 5-year warranty to ensure the best service.
- Material: The first thing to notice about this truck bed cover is the material. It is made with a top-quality leather-embossed vinyl tarp. The cover is soft and suitable for rolling up perfectly.
- Bed Access: The biggest flex of having this soft roll-up cover is that you can have full-bed access. Just roll it up to the end of the cover and buckle it up. You can add as many cargoes as you want regarding their sizes.
- Weatherproofing: The vinyl cover is water-resistant and also resists dust and tear. However, even though the cover itself is waterproof, it often leaves a slight gap, causing water leakage.
- The versatile look and convenient to use
- The durable material cover comes with an extended warranty
- Provides full bed access
- Adjustable tension and comes with buckles to keep the cover in place
- Installation can take longer than usual
- Not 100% weatherproof
Truxedo Truxport Truck Tonneau Cover Review
5. MaxMate TCT371030 Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Cover
MaxMate has introduced the TCT371030 Soft Tri-Fold truck bed cover to bring versatility with simplicity to your Toyota Tacoma. The cover is durable, waterproof, and comes with a safety buckle, all while it comes at an affordable price. These are why this cover made it to our best Tacoma tonneau cover list.
- Material: The cover is made with dual-coated marine-grade vinyl. It looks versatile, and the high-quality vinyl is tear-resistant. And the aircraft-grade aluminum frame ensures stability.
- Efficiency: MaxMate TCT371030 Soft Tri-Fold truck bed cover is made to improve your truck’s efficiency. When you cover the truck bed with this tonneau cover, it will reduce air drag. Thus, it will increase your truck’s overall performance and improve gas mileage.
- Installation: You can still install the cover on your own using standard tools. Besides, the cover comes pre-assembled and does not require any drilling. It means you don’t have to go through a lot of hassles.
- Convenience: Since the cover is foldable, it won’t take much time to fold or unfold. And if you are not using it or hauling large items, you can keep the cover buckled up in the cab area. The only downside here is that you will get only two-thirds of truck bed access.
- Durability: The material is already durable enough to last a long time. On top of that, MaxMate will back you up with a 10-year warranty.
- Versatile design with top-quality material
- Tear and water-resistant
- Built to last a long time
- Comes with an extended warranty
- Improves gas mileage
- Available for various truck models and sizes
- Only provides two-thirds of truck bed access
- Clamps and buckles are not made of high-grade material
- Driving at high speed can cause the cover flap
6. BAK BAKFlip MX4 448427 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
Many of us love stylish foldable truck bed covers. But often, we refuse to get them because of not getting full bed access. The good news is, there are excellent foldable covers available that provide full bed access. And the BAK BAKFlip MX4 448427 hard tonneau cover is one of them.
- Bed Access: As mentioned, one of the reasons to choose this truck bed cover is because of the accessibility it provides. While most foldable tonneau covers allow you to open two-thirds of it, this BAK BAKFlip MX4 448427 hard tonneau cover will give you 100% bed access.
- Material And Finish: This beautiful black cover is made of fiberglass-reinforced polymer with a matte finish. The cover is UV rays and tear-resistant.
- Fitment: As it comes to fitness, this tonneau cover is suitable for the 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma. Make sure to measure your truck bed first because this truck bed cover fits only 6’2″ beds.
- Weight Capacity: Another advantage of this BAK BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover is its immense weight capacity. You can carry up to 400lbs of evenly distributed weight. So you can carry various items on top of the cover as well.
- Value: This truck bed cover is very expensive. But if you don’t care about the price but want a top-notch tonneau cover, then we suggest you go for this one.
- A durable waterproof cover protects against rain
- Flexible design ensures full bed access
- Allows you to carry more weight on the cover
- The cover color does not wear off due to UV-resistance
- Very expensive
7. Gator EFX GC44014 Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Everyone knows how good Gator products are. And their EFX GC44014 Hard Tri-Fold truck bed cover is becoming more and more popular among users. So we decided to give it a try, and it did not disappoint us.
- Fitment: This hard tri-fold cover will fit a 2016-2019 Toyota Tacoma bed. However, this model is for tail edition models with a 5’1″ or 60.5-inch truck bed. You need to be sure of the truck bed size before ordering the cover.
- Material And Design: The cover contains a heavy-duty aluminum frame and has a black powder coat finish. The cover is UV resistant, which means the color will not wear off anytime soon.
- Accessibility: The Gator EFX GC44014 Hard Tri-Fold cover will cover up your entire truck bed. But if you need to open it, you can fold it back. However, one-third of your truck bed will still be under the cover.
- Security: A tonneau cover with a locking system is a gem. The aluminum panels lock automatically when you close the cover. So even if you get a little distracted, the cover will still provide maximum security.
- Installation: This low-profile tonneau cover comes with a simple installation process. It takes only around half an hour to install the cover without any tools.
- Easy to install
- Comes with a propping stand
- Sturdy and durable design
- Cover locks automatically when closed
- Comparatively expensive
- Provides only two-third bed access
Gator EFX GC44014 Tonneau Cover Video Review
8. Tonno Pro 42-511 Tonno Fold Soft Folding Truck Bed Cover
Tonno Pro 42-511 Tonno Fold soft tonneau cover is a budget-friendly option for anyone who is looking for a low-profile truck bed cover. It has a sturdy design and comes with a security lock to protect your cargo.
- Design: It is a foldable truck bed cover. The top of the cover is made with double-sided vinyl. The cover is tear and wear-resistant and has excellent durability. The aluminum frame provides maximum sturdiness as you prop the cover backward.
- Waterproof: The cover comes with a particular feature to keep the cargo safe from water. The cover has water-resistant edging to ensure water does not enter the cover and damage anything.
- User-Friendly: Tonno Pro offers pre-assembled and pre-drilled covers to ensure your installation comfort. Besides, the foldable design is easy to open and close. The vinyl cover is easy to clean. So whether you end up with dirt, snow, or bird poop on the cover, you can clean it without a lot of hassle.
- Compatibility: Now, which Tacoma model does this cover fit? It will fit 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma trucks. As for the bed size, the cover is perfect for 5’1″ or 60.5-inch truck beds.
- Price: Almost all high-quality tonneau covers are pretty expensive. However, this cover’s price is affordable for any Tacoma owner.
- Simple design yet user-friendly
- The pre-assembled and pre-drilled cover is easy to install
- Sturdy frame and waterproof design
- Matte finish cover increases versatility
- Poor quality locking latch
- The cover is not entirely flat
9. Extang Trifecta 2.0 92830 Soft Folding Truck Bed Cover
The Extang Trifecta 2.0 92830 soft-folding tonneau cover appears to be like any other tonneau cover. Yet, it is one of the exceptional truck bed covers that comes at a mid-range price.
- Design: You can’t help but notice the sleek design of this truck bed cover. On top of that, the curves create smoothness and give your vehicle a luxurious appearance.
- Strength: The cover’s frame, hinges, and corners are redesigned to ensure structural strength. The hinges snap into place to make sure the cover tightens when you close it.
- Clamps: Extang wants you to work smarter, not harder. That’s why it came up with the smart clamp feature. Its Jaw-grid clamps tighten both vertically and horizontally. The EZ-lock at the rear part locks in places automatically without a lot of physical effort.
- Installation: Like most other foldable covers, the Extang Trifecta 2.0 92830 soft-folding tonneau cover is also easy to install. You simply need to clamp the cover on the truck bed rails.
- Accessibility: You can haul various sizes of cargo on the truck bed by folding the cover partially. However, this foldable cover does not offer 100% bed access as you can only fold two-thirds of it.
- Mid-range tonneau cover
- Adds versatility to your truck bed
- Water and corrosion resistant
- Smart design
- Automatic lock reduces physical effort
- Comparatively expensive
- Not suitable for high-speed driving
10. UnderCover UX42015 Ultra Flex Hard Folding Truck Cover
Our final pick for top-rated Tacoma truck cover at a very expensive price. It is flexible, durable, and comes with all the essential features. But is the price worth purchasing it?
- Fitment: It is mandatory to know your Tacoma model year and truck bed size. This UnderCover UX42015 is for Toyota Tacoma 2016-2021 models. And it fits 6’2″ truck beds.
- Bed Access: It is one of those rare foldable truck bed covers that provide full bed access. You can prop it vertically to enjoy this feature.
- Flexibility: This truck bed cover has been carefully crafted to ensure flexibility for its users. This feature makes it stylish and weather resistant.
- Installation And Use: This Ultra-Flex truck bed cover is also easy to install. It has new L-rail side rails and does not require any drilling to install. You can remove it in an instant when not in use.
- Rail Light: The manufacturer provides LED lights for the truck bed cover rail. They provide perfect visibility at night.
- Versatile design and low-profile cover
- LED rail lights provide illumination at night
- Provides full bed access
- Easy to fold and unfold
- The matte black finish keeps dust and water at bay
- Too expensive
- Instruction is vogue
How To Choose The Best Tacoma Tonneau Cover?
Okay, now you know which tonneau covers are the best options for your truck. But how do you know if it will meet all your required expectations?
Keeping the truck bed exposed is unsafe, especially if you keep things on it. So it is important to pick a tonneau cover that will keep the bed clean and safe. But to ensure that, the cover has to be of the right size, type, material, easy to install, etc.
We have prepared the following buyer’s guide to explain everything better. And it will help you know which features and qualities you need to consider when buying the best Tacoma Truck Bed Cover.
Types Of Tonneau Cover
Yes, you will find variety in tonneau covers. There are at least three common types of tonneau covers, and each of them works uniquely. Let’s take a look at them, and you can find out which one seems more suitable for you.
- Foldable Cover: You can tell from the name that you can fold this type of tonneau cover. Depending on the brand, you can fold them up to three times.
The foldable covers are of two types: hardcover and softcover. Hard tonneau covers are more durable, secure, and suitable for tackling any weather condition. Soft ones are also durable and more flexible to open or close.
The downside of foldable covers is that you need to leave at least one-third of the cover over the truck bed rails. It means you will not get full bed access.
- Rolling Cover: These are the low-cost types of tonneau covers. They are easy to install, open, and close. You roll the cover back or forth when needed. They are usually made of synthetic clothes and are waterproof.
The advantage of this type of cover is that you get full truck bed access. And the downside of using a rolling cover is that they are usually thin and not very durable.
- Retractable Covers: You must be familiar with retractable door and window shutters. They are pretty flexible to use. The retractable tonneau covers are also similar and very popular.
These covers are a little challenging to install. However, the biggest flex of such covers is that some come with automatic systems and only require pressing a button.
Will the tonneau cover fit your Toyota Tacoma? That’s an important question you need to ask and know the answer to. Tonneau truck covers come in various designs and sizes.
So it is essential to know both your truck bed and the cover’s size. Purchasing the wrong size cover means a waste of money, and time and it adds more hassles.
Tonneau covers are made of fiberglass, vinyl, aluminum, etc. Vinyl covers are more popular, and they enhance the appearance of the truck bed and the truck. They are also easier to clean and maintain.
Aluminum covers are known for their sturdiness. However, this material is prone to dents. So it is up to you to decide which material you want for your Tacoma tonneau cover.
The brands that manufacture tonneau covers are endless. However, only a few of them usually make it to the top list for their quality and users’ comfort. And then, some brands manufacture covers for some specific vehicle brands.
So it is your job to make sure the cover of your choice is made for your vehicle. But how would you know that? You can either do online research, check the cover manual beforehand, or ask the seller.
An exposed truck bed is unsafe, especially if you have haul objects or other things on it. Unfortunately, you can have a truck bed cover, and it can still be unsafe if the cover does not provide enough security.
The best way to ensure security is to purchase a cover that comes with a proper locking system. In this way, the cover will keep objects from tripping over and safe from thieves.
Does the cover give you full-bed access? Well, the answer will vary depending on what type of tonneau cover we are talking about. A rolling or retractable cover will give you full-bed access.
On the other hand, a foldable cover will keep at least one-third of the truck bed covered as you get to fold a few portions of it. If you want full bed access, you need to avoid purchasing foldable covers.
One of the main reasons people get tonneau covers is to protect the truck bed and the hauled objects from getting dirty, soaked, or suffering from any damages.
The good thing about truck bed covers is that almost all of them are waterproof and can tackle rough wind and weather conditions. Some of them come with a drainage system so that the water does not reach inside the cover somehow. But pay attention to the material and fittings as some of them can cause leakage.
Most of the tonneau covers are easy to install, while the others are challenging. You can install some of them on your own while you might need help to install others.
It would be best to look for a truck bed cover that comes with a simple installation process. If you are purchasing foldable ones, look for the ones that come with clamps and pre-drilled holes.
If you want the truck bed cover to stay around for a long time, consider buying a cover that is easy to clean and maintain. Some materials, such as vinyl, are simple to clean. They don’t require a lot of maintenance.
If you purchase a tonneau cover with the right material and necessary qualities, it will last long. And part of it depends on how well you take care of it.
Now, this is where many of us stop and turn back because the best Tacoma tonneau cover seems very expensive. But the truth is, it is not.
There are so many brands and varieties in the truck bed cover. And a lot of them come at a low to mid-level budget price. While some top-notch quality covers will cost a lot more than usual, you will find an excellent cover in your budget.
Why Should You Buy A Tonneau Cover?
Lots of people think adding a tonneau cover means making the truck or the truck bed appear cooler. Okay, that is true. But it is also true that a tonneau cover serves more purposes than a luxury appearance.
A truck bed cover will benefit you and your vehicle in various ways. Here are some of the major advantages you will get once you install a tonneau cover on your truck bed.
Improves Gas Mileage
An exposed truck bed creates a lot of air drag when on the run. Most users believe that it burns more fuel, even though many people think it’s a myth. Nevertheless, it is better to be safe if it means boosting your truck’s gas mileage.
Truck bed covers have an aerodynamic design. It helps improve your truck’s mileage by up to 6%-10%.
Contrary to common belief, truck bed covers do not reduce or restrict storage space. In fact, they help you store or haul more objects on your truck bed because some truck beds are strong enough to carry objects on top of them.
You are hauling endless items on your truck bed and then covering it with the tonneau cover. But that’s not where it all ends. Some covers are so robust that they can carry heavy loads, such as kayaks, bikes, and more on top.
Protects From Rough Weather
Your truck bed will go through all sorts of weather conditions, dirt, dust, rain, snow, etc. While dust can make the truck bed and hauled items and the cover dirty, rainwater or melted snow can damage the items.
But when you have a truck bed cover, it will protect everything from all these issues. That’s why most tonneau covers are water and weatherproof.
Protects From Thieves
An exposed truck bed with hauled items on it increases the chance of thieving. Someone passing by can easily pick something up when you are not paying attention.
A truck bed cover will keep everything out of curious people’s sight. The ones that come with locking systems are more effective in this regard.
As we’ve been saying earlier, installing a truck bed cover adds versatility and an aesthetic look to your truck. It shows your taste in classiness and makes heads turn. You can fold the cover partially or fully based on your requirements, which makes it more convenient.
This is not the first thing that comes to everyone’s mind when adding a tonneau cover, but it is also important. When a tonneau cover improves your vehicle’s gas mileage, it saves some of your fuel money.
Furthermore, such a cover is a part of your vehicle. So when it comes to reselling your car, it adds extra value to your truck. Moreover, protecting the truck bed objects from damage also saves your maintenance cost.
How To Install Tonneau a Cover?
After purchasing the best tonneau cover for Toyota Tacoma, you need to move to the next step. And the next step is to install the tonneau cover. Most truck bed covers are basically one-man jobs. But some of them will need an extra pair of hands to help you.
But how do you install the tonneau cover you’ve just bought? Well, different tonneau covers have a little difference in the installation process.
But if you know the basic guideline, you can install any truck bed cover using basic tools without any issue. So here is a simple step-by-step guide to follow.
Things You Will Need
- Rubbing alcohol
- Tonneau cover
- Tonneau cover installation kits
- Assistant (if needed)
Step 1: Preparation
The first thing you need to do is to gather all the necessary items and tools. Keep them in a clean area near your work area.
In this way, you will be able to grab whatever is needed immediately. Then open your truck’s tailgate to start the installation process.
Step 2: Position The Side Rails
Almost all tonneau covers come with side rails. These rails will go on the top or side of your truck bed’s rail. Hold that rail in place using a spring clamp.
If the cover does not come with rails, it may have clamps in it. On the other hand, retractable covers usually come with canisters. You need to place them on the truck bed rails before placing the rail.
Step 3: Clamp The Rails
You will find several toothed clamps among your tonneau cover’s installation kits. Place a clamp underneath the side rails, and it should be placed near the cab.
Make sure to line up the clamp’s teeth to the grooves. Then tighten the clamp with your hand and a wrench. Now repeat the process for other cover rails and clamps.
Step 4: Adjust The Rails
Both cover rails should be in parallel positions against each other. If the placing seems wrong, you can loosen the clamps to make adjustments.
Complete this step with a little extra attention because the cover will not fit perfectly if the rails are in the wrong positions. Once the rails seem to be in the right position, use the wrench again to tighten them.
Step 5: Installing Rubber Seals
Every weatherproof tonneau cover comes with rubber seals. Its job is to seal the gap between the cab and the cover.
Wipe the area of the cab with rubbing alcohol using a rag. Then peel off the rubber seal’s backing cover partially.
Place an end on your cab and gradually peel off the rest of the backing tape as you place the seal. If there is an excessive part left, cut it off with a pair of scissors.
Step 6: Set Up Additional Components
You will find some additional components in the package based on your tonneau cover type. For example, if you have a rolling cover, it can come with storage straps to strap the rolled-up cover when not in use.
There will be tension adjustment screws to tighten the truck bed cover. You need to attach them to the side rails, and they often come pre-installed.
Hardcovers come with hinges to prop the cover when open. They need to be screwed on the side of the rails.
Step 7: Position The Cover And Unfold
You can do this alone, but you may need assistance to place the cover if it is foldable or seems too heavy. Haul and place the tonneau cover next to the cab. If you have done the previous steps right, the cover should sit perfectly on the rails.
You can push the cover down a little if necessary. The cover will be slotted into the side rails you have installed. If you have trouble placing the cover into the slots, you may need to adjust the rails a bit.
Then close the truck’s tailgate and unfold or unroll the cover. The cover will unfold and position perfectly along the rails. Tighten the rail screws if needed.
Step 8: Bolt The Cover
Some tonneau truck bed covers snap into place once you unfold them. But some of them may require bolting.
In that case, the cover may come with bolt holes, so will the rails. Align them together and secure the cover to the rails with the nuts. Use the wrench again to tighten all the clamps and bolts and secure the cover.
Step 9: Drainage Tubes
Some tonneau covers will come with drainage tubes to divert rainwater from the cover to outside the truck bed. If your cover comes with such a tube, you need to follow the instructions that come with the cover.
How to Install Tacoma Tonneau Cover (Practical Video)
Frequently Asked Questions About Tacoma Tonneau Cover
How To Measure For A Tonneau Cover?
It is best to know your truck bed size to know which tonneau cover size you need. Measuring the truck bed is very simple.
You only need to measure the truck bed’s length and width from the inside. Once you know the measurement, finding the right option will become easier.
How To Maintain A Tonneau Cover?
Your truck is not the only thing that needs washing and maintenance from time to time. The tonneau cover also needs some care if you want it to last longer.
The basic care is to clean and wash the cover from time to time. The suppliers often recommend a specific cleaning solution for you to use. Other than that, try not to install and remove the cover too frequently.
Can I Carry Out The Installation Myself? How Long Does It Take?
Installing a tonneau cover doesn’t require expert skill. If you know which tool goes where you can install the cover yourself. However, a hardcover can be a little challenging, and you may need an extra pair of helping hands.
The time it takes to install a cover can vary depending on the cover type and installation process. It usually takes around half an hour to one hour to install a tonneau cover.
The trick to choosing the best Tacoma tonneau cover is to know which features are the most essential and if the cover has those features. We have found those features in our top picks and reviewed them for you. But if that’s not enough, we can narrow down the list for you.
Suppose you want to purchase from the popular and affordable tonneau covers. In that case, we recommend picking from the TruXedo TruXport 256001 Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Cover, the TruXedo TruXport 256001, and the Tyger Auto T1 Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Cover. All of these are flexible to use and provide 100% bed access.
But if bed access is not an issue for you, you can choose from the Tyger Auto T3 TG-BC3T1530 Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Cover and the Gator ETX 59410 Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover.
And if you are aiming for top-notch tonneau covers with a high budget, then choose the Gator EFX GC44014 Hard Tri-Fold Cover and the BAK BAKFlip MX4 448427 Hard Tonneau Cover.