The car battery gives the jolt of electricity to power up all the electrical equipment in your vehicle. You’ve already noticed that your car won’t start with a dead battery.
You have to change the car battery sooner or later. And you know that car battery performance figures relate to the battery’s manufacturer. AC Delco is one of the trusted battery manufacturing names when it comes to long-lasting, powerful batteries.
However, it is not enough to make a worthwhile purchasing decision. I have explained AC Delco battery reviews and created a list of their top products. So sit on the fence and read this post. It is a complete guide to understanding the overview of the brand.
Who makes AC Delco Battery?
AC Delco is a subsidiary brand of General Motors, which is a giant company in the automotive industry. It was founded in 1916, and the brand had different names throughout its long history, like United Motor Service, United Delco, etc. But later on, GM sold the plants to Johnson Controls, which is a Middle East-based company.
GM only recommends AC Delco batteries for their vehicles. Because it loves to play innovation with automotive technology. AC Delco has various production plants in several regions that make it easy to sever the bigger market worldwide.
The main manufacturing division is in the Middle East. But the batteries available in the United States are made in North America. AC Delco still is a prominent battery brand ensuring a global presence.
Why should you choose an AC Delco battery?
Having a car means enjoying a luxurious and comfortable ride. From starting to beating the heat with AC or enjoying music, everything electric application on your car depends on the car battery. Without the right one, you can go throw a lot of struggle.
If you are searching for high-quality batteries, AC Delco is the answer. Its batteries are powerful, robust, and maintenance-free, which is very appreciable. You will gonna have a bunch of benefits. For example:
- No leakage: These batteries are leakage proof which is the most demanding feature of car owners. There will be no splash of fluids or harmful chemicals, thanks to its durable casing and smart design. They are also shock and vibrating-resistant, preventing unwanted impacts.
- Power consistency: All the batteries of AC Delco meets the standard of optimum performance. They are checked through various quality tests so that your car can get constant power.
- AGM & flooded unit: Both AGM and flooded units are available in AC Delco. Mostly, AGM units are preferable as they provide significant improvement in performance. These batteries have envelope separators for increasing cycling ability. Moreover, the higher cranking power is a plus point.
- Long-lasting: For longer lifespans, these batteries are cut above the best. Deep cycling actions and high-density paste in the battery bump up the life cycle. That’s why they last longer than other standard batteries in the market. Moreover, AGM batteries services 3x longer than flooded batteries.
- Weather resistance: The battery provides optimal performance both in cold and warm weather. Whether it is bone-chilling cold or burning hot, the battery cranks up fast to start your vehicle.
AC Delco Battery Categories
AC Delco manufactures batteries in almost every field. You can realize it if you scan ACDelco’s catalog. However, every line of batteries is divided into two categories gold and silver.
- Gold: AC Delco gold batteries are mainly designed as high-quality options for OE parts. They are specially made to fit, form, and function most vehicles. These batteries are available in AGM, Premium AGM, and Flooded. They also include 48, 42, and 30 months of replacement warranty.
- Silver: Silver batteries are made targeted at an economical price. AGM and Flooded are available in this category. The batteries are durable in build, maintenance-free, leakage-proof, and corrosion-resistant for top performance.
AC Delco Batteries Product Lines
AC Delco has a wide of product lines that can meet your expectations whether the application is. And you can pick them up without worries because all of the products are laboratory-tested, filed-proven, and have warranty coverage.
- Passenger cars and light-duty cars: these batteries are for regular vehicles like cars, light trucks, EVs, etc.
- Heavy-duty, municipal, and deep cycle: These batteries have extended battery life, suitable for commercial, industrial, and private applications.
- Marine and RV: This line is for watercraft, boats, or RV.
- Powersports: This is for the non-automotive section. The batteries can fit in a sports car.
- Special: If you have golf carts, lawn, and garden relative applications, you can use this battery. It features advanced plate-and-paste technology to maximize capacity.
Top 5 AC Delco Battery Review in 2023
It is always a buckle under the strain when it comes to getting the best batteries for your vehicle. As you know you’ll get the best value with AC Delco Batteries, you must check out its products. Yet you may be confused with their comprehensive options. So get a view of my top 5 AC Delco battery reviews below.
1. ACDelco Gold 48AGM 36 Month Warranty
AC Delco Gold 48AGM is a super power-packed battery for your vehicle. It delivers long-lasting service for as long as up to 6-7 years, and it is maintenance-free. I highly recommend this particular battery because of its splendid performance in extreme temperatures.
This is an AGM unit with a robust casing. There are envelope separators for increasing acid circulation. As a result, the battery stays cool, and you can use it for an extended period. For the durable case, the battery won’t have any leakage. Even, the vent caps are designed smartly to prevent acid leakage.
Moreover, the battery has silver calcium stamped alloy, and calcium lead positive grids hold the charge for maximum conductivity. The reserve range of the battery is 120 minutes which makes it the ideal choice for any car owner.
Related Post: Top Rated RAM LED Headlights Review
- Dimensions: 11.9 x 7.5 x 7.6 inches (LxWxH)
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Battery Cell Composition: Silver-Calcium
- Weight: 45.5 Pounds
- Number Of Cells: 6
- Resistance: 0.02 Ohms
- Terminal: Terminal Type A
- Ideal for high or low temperature
- Decent reserve capacity
- Splash free
- Maintenance free
- Extended life cycle
- Fitting issue in some particular models
2. ACDelco Gold B24R 24 Month
AC Delco Gold B24R is one of the premium batteries under the 51 group. That means it will fit in most vehicles. This battery has a durable design that protects against road vibration. It remains splash-free while driving off-road. So no worry about bumpy roads or terrains.
The advanced technology of the battery is helpful in fuel saving and quick response in start/stop, exactly what you want for your highly developed luxury cars. Its internal construction increases cycling ability and faster recharge acceptance.
The battery’s low discharge rate is another selling point. When you store your car off-season, the battery will have a very slow chemical reaction resulting in slow discharge. It has the highest cold cracking Amps that start the engine in varying environments.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 11.4 x 9.5 inches (LxWxH)
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Battery Cell Composition: AGM
- Heavy duty battery
- Vibration absorbing
- Low self-discharge range
- Highest cold Amps cracking
- Suitable for super luxury cars
- Some users claim it has a short lifespan
3. ACDelco 34AGM Professional Group 34 battery
AC Delco 34 AGM is a mid-large battery yet powerful for your automotive, truck, and off-the-grid applications. It provides 750-900 CCA with 115 minutes of reserve capacity, which give you enough backup in rugged situations. So if you own a heavy-duty pickup truck or well-developed car, you surely can go with this battery.
The sturdy build of the battery framework is another demanding factor for off-road vehicles. The battery is equipped with high-quality materials for the casing, and vent caps are acid leakage resistance.
Further adding to the construction, the robust envelop panel comes with a puncture-resistant back allowing proper acid circulation throughout the box that prevents shorts and serves to extend battery life.
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 6.6 x 7.9 inches (LxWxH)
- Weight: 38.7 Pounds
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Battery Cell Composition: Lead-Acid, AGM
- Extend battery lifespan
- Enough battery reserve
- Sturdy build
- Powerful battery
- More expensive than its class
4. ACDelco 47AGM Professional Group 47 battery
This 47 AGM battery comes with top-of-line features with 36 months of warranty. The battery is designed specifically to meet the perfect fit of GM OE parts. During installation, the battery perfectly fit in my car without any modification.
The battery is more durable and vibrant resistant than its class. So many car owners prefer this battery for driving on tough terrain. Moreover, its maintenance-free quality makes it convenient to use.
If you want reliable starting power for your vehicle, then this is the answer. This battery provides great coverage for quick start/stop for heavy-duty pick-up vans and cars. Considering its eye-catchy features, it sets the standard in its category.
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 6.9 x 6.9 (LxWxH) inches
- Weight: 39.2 Pounds
- Voltage:12 Volts
- Battery Cell Composition: Silver-Calcium
- Perfect OE fitting
- Vibration resistant
- Reliable start/stop
- Limited warranty
- A bit pricey
5. ACDelco Gold 94RAGM Baterry
AC Delco Gold 94RAGM battery is designed for light commercial vehicles like passenger cars. It’s a very common-size battery and suits a wide range of vehicle types. However, I have chosen the batter for its powerful and consistent output.
The cold-cranking amps are 850, so the battery will deliver a good amount of power in cold temperatures. The reserve capacity is 80 minutes which seems reliable to me. With a single charge, you can power up multiple applications in your car.
Due to the standard quality, this battery is very flexible and versatile for you. The functional design and sustainable amount of power make it perfect for most vehicles.
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 6.9 x 7.5 (LxWxH) inches
- Weight: 51.6 Pounds
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Battery Cell Composition: Silver-Calcium
- Excellent cold-cranking amps
- Enough reserve capacity
- Performs well in cold weather
- Fits most commercial vehicles
- Deep cycling battery
- Some complaints about the battery’s lifespan
Buying Guide for Buying an ACDelco Battery
While buying a car battery, many can’t make head or tail about what to consider. So through this guide, you can increase your knowledge about the stuff. If you are a high flier buying the right equipment, you must follow these insights.
Since there are wide varieties and sizes available, first off, you should determine the exact size. The battery sizes refer to groups. A certain group size tells a specific physical size and terminal location. You should check your vehicle’s old battery and define the size. AC Delco has batteries in all kinds of ranging group sizes to meet customers’ demands.
Batteries with sealed bodies are safer to use. All the AGM batteries are sealed, so there is no chance of spilling harmful chemicals or leakage. They almost require no maintenance. So you use them more conveniently.
Reserve capacity equality is the minimum voltage of the car battery. If the car’s alternator fails, it’s a proven life saver for you. It helps to get out of tight situations. Especially when your car is stored idle, the reserve capacity ensures enough power to run your car. More reserve capacity means a better battery. Always try to get a battery with a healthy reserve capacity.
CCA (cold cranking amps) is the key feature of a battery. It defines a battery’s capability to turn on the engine in cold temperatures. This CCA rating is important because starting an engine requires more power in a cold environment. The higher CCA means greater starting power.
A car battery has many sensitive parts, and they can be failed due to different reasons. It is on the ball to get a battery with a decent warranty backup or replacement warranty. If you have it, then you won’t have to worry about failures for a specific time.
How to Install ACDelco Battery
FAQs About AC Delco Battery
What is the lifespan of a car battery?
The lifespan of a battery is different depending on the vehicle models and battery type. Some batteries last one or two years, and some get seven to eight years of lifespan. However, kept exposing the battery to extreme environments can decrease the battery’s life cycle.
How long does the AC Delco battery last?
AC Delco battery’s lifespan depends on workload and how much you are using it. The premium Gold AC Delco batteries last up to 7 years or so.
Where can I find the date code on the AC Delco battery?
The date code is the manufacturing date of the battery. You can find the date code on the top label of the battery. You can see a couple of alphabet and numbers. First, you can see a character P or S, then the month next is the year number, and lastly, the manufacturing plant.
When to replace my car battery?
If your car is not starting or cranking slowly, then it’s time to replace your car battery. Moreover, the electric applications not working and dim headlights are major signs of a dying battery.
Why does my battery not working?
Once your car battery runs out of juice, the battery won’t work anymore. Moreover, faulty battery connections in the electric system can be an issue behind battery failure.
How to maintain an AC Delco battery?
Though AC Delco batteries come with no maintenance tag, there is required a little bit of maintenance. Because parasites in a vehicle drain the battery’s juice, that’s why to be safe; you should start the vehicle once every week to maintain a reasonable state of charge.
Unboxing Video About ACDelco Battery
That’s my take on AC Delco batteries. Surely, you have a clear recap about their car batteries. The provided information is totally trustworthy, and you can make the right battery based on it.
AC Delco batteries are an excellent choice for a variety of reasons. Its batteries have standard quality, durable construction, ample power, and extensive lifespan. You can easily choose one from my top picks. Still, if you need a final push, then I recommend giving a whirl to ACDelco Gold 48AGM for the best performance.
Leave a Reply