Without the perfect fuel injector, your vehicle might struggle to run or even stop automatically in the middle of the road. So, properly functioning injectors are very important if you want a smooth driving experience.
In case your 6.0L Powerstroke engine is facing such problems, maybe one or more fuel injectors should be replaced. I can help you with that. I’ve checked and found out the four best fuel injectors for 6.0 Powerstroke. If you’re looking for one, this article can assist you.
Here I’ve used personal experience, user reviews, manufacturers’ claims, expert opinions, and opinions of friends and families to find out only four from a lot of available in the market. Now it’s time to share my findings with you.
Also, I’ve incorporated several necessary information, including the buying guide, that can help you from buying to taking care of your fuel injectors. So, this is going to be a really helpful reading for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 4 Best Injectors for 6.0 Powerstroke Reviews
- 2 1. Motorcraft CN5019RM Fuel Injection Nozzle
- 3 2. Ford Diesel Fuel Injector Nozzle Assembly, 4C3Z-9E527-BRM
- 4 3. Fuel Injector for 6.0L Powerstroke 03-07
- 5 4. Dorman 502-501 Remanufactured Diesel Fuel Injector
- 6 Tips to Buy the Best Injector for 6.0 Powerstroke
- 7 Compatibility
- 8 Material
- 9 Flow Rate
- 10 Performance
- 11 Ease of Installation
- 12 Price
- 13 Brand New or Remanufactured
- 14 Symptoms of a Bad Fuel Injector
- 15 How to Clean a Fuel Injector?
- 16 Step 1- Purchase Kit and Cleaner
- 17 Step 2- Disconnect the Fuel Pump
- 18 Step 3- Disconnect the Pressure Regulator Vacuum Line
- 19 Step 4- Connect Kit with Fuel Port
- 20 Step 5- Remove the Fuel Tank Cap
- 21 Step 6- Turn the Vehicle
- 22 Step 7- Disconnect the Kit and Reconnect the Engine Parts
- 23 Step 8- Drive to Check
- 24 How to Replace Fuel Injector [DIY Video]
- 25 FAQs About Powerstroke Fuel Injector
- 26 How long does an injector last in 6.0 Powerstroke?
- 27 Why doesn’t my fuel injector spray fuel into the engine?
- 28 Should I replace the injector when it is bad?
- 29 Final Verdict
Top 4 Best Injectors for 6.0 Powerstroke Reviews
1. Motorcraft CN5019RM Fuel Injection Nozzle
This fuel injection nozzle from Motorcraft is an example of perfect craftsmanship. Being designed and engineered by experienced teams, this injector offers you the performance you seek for.
Motorcraft is the OE manufacturer for Ford. If you’re looking for something that performs like your OE injector or exceeds it, it is the perfect pick for you.
Premium steel is used to build this injector. Besides, the connections are kept smooth and strong. As a result, it can easily withstand the high pressure and temperature under the hood.
Most users have said that it has supported them for more than 2000 miles and is still strong enough to go a long way. So, the price might seem to be too much high, but it ensures value for the price you pay for it.
For your 6.0 Powerstroke, till now, this is the best option, in my opinion. If you’re interested in spending such an amount on a single fuel injector, I would ask you to pick it. Overall, this offers you optimum performance and durability. Also, the installation process is not complicated at all.
Trending Post: Top Rated Jeep JK Steering Stabilizer Review
- Manufactured by OE suppliers of Ford
- Strong enough to withstand high pressure and temperature
- Can serve you for a long time
- Example of a perfect craftsmanship
- A bit expensive
2. Ford Diesel Fuel Injector Nozzle Assembly, 4C3Z-9E527-BRM
If you’re looking for another option with a slightly cheaper price tag, Ford has this to offer you. This fuel injection nozzle is another example of good manufacturing and engineering process. It would serve you with ideal performance, durability, and perfection.
As high-quality steel is used to manufacture it, it can stay under the immense pressure and high heat your engine produces. So, you can expect this injector to support you for more than two years without any wear or tear. However, there might be a few exceptions.
Also, it would keep the rust away.
Ford offers you a refund of around 180 if you buy this and send them your old injector with its original box. So, you can take a chance to receive the refund.
If you own a 2005-2010 Super Duty 6.0L Powerstroke engine, you can pick this without any hesitation. It would help you to send optimum fuel to the engine to make it operate better.
- Comes directly from Ford
- Made with quality material and strong connections
- Lasts and supports for a long time
- Comes with a 2-years warranty (varies depending on the seller)
- Costly, though you have a scope to win a $180 refund
3. Fuel Injector for 6.0L Powerstroke 03-07
In case you want a fuel injection nozzle at a reasonable price range, I would suggest going for remanufactured ones. I’m talking about one right now.
This fuel injector is for 2003-2007 6.0L Powerstroke engines. Though it is a remanufactured one, each comes with new spool valves and a new OEM solenoid for delivering optimum performance. So, don’t worry about it.
You’ll get free technical support and troubleshooting from the seller. Also, it comes with a 1-year warranty to support you.
The O-rings and washers required to install come with the package. So you won’t have to arrange anything else. Just take it out of the container and install it.
Remanufactured ones neither show maximum performance nor last for a long time. These are the best options for people who don’t have a huge budget for fuel injectors. So, you can’t expect it to support you for a long time. However, for moderate performance, you can depend on it.
Overall, this can be a good pick if you don’t expect a mind-blowing performance from a remanufactured injector. It may work great, but that’s your luck.
Related Post: Top 5 best Cam for 454 Big Block
- Each comes with new solenoid and spool valves
- 1-year warranty and free technical and troubleshooting support
- Works better than other remanufactured options
- Includes washers and O-rings
- Can get damaged quickly
4. Dorman 502-501 Remanufactured Diesel Fuel Injector
This is another remanufactured fuel injector for 6.0 Powerstroke that you might like. Dorman is known for manufacturing quality injectors and parts for Ford and several other vehicles. Its remanufactured ones are also dependable.
To ensure quality, it is completely disassembled, washed, examined, new parts added, and reassembled. It doesn’t come with any sign of a previous problem. A slightly damaged part is also replaced with a new one.
It doesn’t perform exactly like the new ones from Dorman, but you won’t get many better options at this price. This injector offers almost OE performance. To be sure about durability and performance, it is tested through an extensive testing producer.
Dorman offers its remanufactured injectors like an almost new one. It is leak-free, well-structured, free from any damaged part, and strong enough to handle the heat and pressure it needs to undergo.
Overall, I would say that this Dorman can be a perfect choice if you’re looking for a remanufactured one because of your budget. I haven’t used this directly, but I trust Dorman and its quality.
Related Post: Top Rated ENA Ignition Coil Review
- Faulty parts are replaced with new ones
- Completely disassembled to ensure things are okay
- Goes through a thorough testing process
- Almost OE performance within a budget
- Doesn’t come with a warranty
Tips to Buy the Best Injector for 6.0 Powerstroke
You need to keep several things in mind if you want to buy a fuel injector for your 6.0 Powerstroke engine. It is a costly purchase. So, picking the right one is a must.
The first thing you need to keep in mind is compatibility. Not all injectors are built to serve all types of engines. So, pick the one that is specifically made for a Powerstroke engine. Typically, diesel injectors are the best picks for this.
Also, sometimes, injectors are made for specific models. Thus, you should know the make and model of your engine first when you’re looking for a compatible injector.
Material is another parameter you should check while buying an injector.
Injectors are often exposed to high heat and extreme pressure. So, picking one with low-quality material would make you purchase another fast.
Don’t settle down for less when it comes to injectors. Pick the one that comes with the best quality material.
The flow rate varies in different engine models. So, you have to keep an eye on this too.
The flow rate offered by the injector should match the flow rate of your engine. Otherwise, the performance will be hampered.
Continuing with an injector with a different flow rate can damage your engine.
Don’t settle for less when it is about performance. You’re spending a huge amount on your fuel injector. You should receive the value for it.
Check the performance of a fuel injector through user reviews, expert opinions, and, if possible, personal experience. Then pick the best one for you.
Ease of Installation
Installing injectors shouldn’t be a tough task for you. It sits easily on your vehicle.
However, some injectors require professional installation and extra care while installing. I won’t ask you to avoid these. But going for the ones that are easy to install is the best option for you.
An injector is a costly investment, especially when you’re picking one that is made for a few specific engine models.
So, you should consider your budget for this. You might find some within your budget and some exceeding your budget.
Though the price is a thing to consider here, don’t settle for low performance to get one within your budget. Instead, try to expand your budget to pick up the best one.
Brand New or Remanufactured
If your budget can afford it, pick the new one.
Remanufactured ones have a previous issue of wear or tear in most cases. So, those tend to get damaged fast.
On the other hand, you know that new ones don’t have such a record. You can use those without any worries.
Trending Post: Air Lift WirelessOne Air Compressor Review
Symptoms of a Bad Fuel Injector
You should know the signs of a bad fuel injector so that you can replace it as soon as it is damaged. Otherwise, you’ll end up with more mess under the hood. Several symptoms tell you that your injector is damaged. Let’s know those.
- Misfiring Cylinder or Engine is one of the most common signs saying you have a bad injector. When it is damaged, it can’t supply fuel to the cylinder attached to it. So, constant misfiring happens because of the lack of enough fuel.
- Engine misfire results in constant vibration while driving, which is another sign of a bad injector. It happens because of lack of fuel results in bad acceleration.
- The engine stalls or suddenly stops because of a bad injector. It may happen for many other reasons. But a bad fuel injector can’t send enough fuel to the engine, and that’s why it stops.
- If you feel a rough shake while idling the engine, you should check the fuel injectors. A few other reasons can cause this, but a bad injector is one of the main reasons.
- Fuel injectors can be damaged for several reasons and start spreading more fuel than necessary. In such a case, you’ll see an increase in fuel consumption. So, don’t forget to check injectors if your vehicle is eating more fuel than before.
- If you sense the smell of fuel under the hood, consider checking your fuel injector. In case it is damaged and spreads fuel here and there, you’ll get the smell.
- A bad fuel injector can also cause inconsistent RPM. So, when you find the RPM gauge unstable while driving, check your fuel injector.
- The car engine won’t even start sometimes if the injector is bad. A bad injector can’t supply enough fuel to the engine. If the case is like this, the car doesn’t start.
How to Clean a Fuel Injector?
The above signs are seen when one or more injectors are clogged or physically damaged. If you find one damaged physically, you need to replace it. But the clogged ones can be cleaned easily using a fuel injector cleaning kit.
Here is the process.
Step 1- Purchase Kit and Cleaner
At first, you need to get yourself a fuel injector cleaning kit. You’ll find one compatible with your vehicle. It might cost you around $100. But it is worth it because you need to clean the injectors once every year.
The cleaner or cleaning solution should come with Polyetheramine (PEA). PIB doesn’t clean the existing deposits, and PIBA is less effective than PEA.
Step 2- Disconnect the Fuel Pump
Locate the fuel injectors and the fuel pump connected to them. Then, pull out the injectors carefully from the pump. Find out the fuel return line and connect it to the pump so that the fuel gets back to the tank.
Step 3- Disconnect the Pressure Regulator Vacuum Line
If your vehicle comes with a pressure regulator, this step is for you.
Locate the regulator and the vacuum line connected to it. Put the line out gently to disconnect it from the regulator.
Step 4- Connect Kit with Fuel Port
Find out the fuel port of your vehicle. Then read the instruction of the cleaning kit to know how you can attach it to the fuel port. Different kits have different directions. So, check even if you’ve used one previously.
Carefully follow the steps written there to connect the kit to the fuel port.
Step 5- Remove the Fuel Tank Cap
The fuel injector cleaning kit uses a huge pressure to remove dust and debris and inject cleaning solution. So, if you keep the fuel tank shut, the pressure might build up inside and result in combustion.
Keep the fuel tank open to stay safe from such occurrences.
Step 6- Turn the Vehicle
Start the engine of your vehicle. This would help the cleaning fuel to go inside the injector and work on the buildup.
Usually, 7-10 minutes is enough for all the cleaning solutions to cycle through the injectors and clean them.
Before starting the engine, cross-check that the fuel pump is off.
Step 7- Disconnect the Kit and Reconnect the Engine Parts
After everything is done, disconnect the kit and keep it aside.
Connect the pressure regulator vacuum line with the regulator. Also, connect the injectors to the fuel pump. Close the fuel tank using the cap.
Step 8- Drive to Check
Once things are reconnected properly, drive the car to check whether everything is okay. If there is any unwanted noise, check the connections again, and tighten those.
How to Replace Fuel Injector [DIY Video]
FAQs About Powerstroke Fuel Injector
How long does an injector last in 6.0 Powerstroke?
There is no exact answer to this. If you buy a high-quality injector compatible with your vehicle, you’ll find it smoothly lasting for a couple of years. Picking a remanufactured one lasts less than this.
Why doesn’t my fuel injector spray fuel into the engine?
There might be several reasons for this. The most common reason is a clog inside it. Also, excess wear can cause damage to your injector. Injectors are open to high heat and pressure. So, wear may happen anytime.
Should I replace the injector when it is bad?
Not all situations ask you to replace the injector. If you find it bad, check the reason. A clogged injector can be cleaned and used again. You won’t have to replace it. However, if your injector has wear, tear, or heavy damage, you should replace it with a new one.
I hope you’ve learned a lot of things from this article. Now you need to decide which one you’re going for. Just like always, my suggestion is to go for the new ones if you have enough budget.
I don’t know your budget, but if you ask me for only one suggestion, I suggest going for the first one- Motorcraft CN5019RM Fuel Injection Nozzle. It is a perfect pick as Motorcraft is the OE injector manufacturer. Users have loved its performance.
However, you have your way of thinking and restriction while making such a costly purchase. So, don’t hesitate to try another. All four discussed here perform great. So, best of luck.