The Yamaha Raptor 700 models are known as combustible and fast quad cars. In my experience with this vehicle, I have never been more satisfied. But what makes it more robust is its exhausts. You must know how vital exhaust is when it comes to fast speed and powerful performance.
So you should not compromise with the quad’s exhaust, no matter what. Besides, if you are getting a replacement, you need to ensure that you get the right one that will be more compatible. If not, the car will create annoying and loud noise after service.
But which one do you think is the best exhaust for Yamaha Raptor 700? Well, fortunately, and unfortunately, I had to change my Raptor’s exhaust a few times, and it helped me find more models. Today, I will discuss five such exhausts to help you choose the right one for your Raptor 700.
Top 5 Best Exhaust For Yamaha Raptor 700 Reviews
When I was researching top-notch exhaust systems, I came across some already popular models. And then, I found a few that are relatively very new.
Nevertheless, I went with my gut and experience to select five models that I believe are best for Yamaha Raptor 700. And you will find my reviews on them in the following part.
2. Yoshimura Signature RS-2 Performance Exhaust
If the noise is your big concern, you need an exhaust that is tested and proven to produce less noise. That’s right! The Yoshimura Signature RS-2 Performance Exhaust system gives the vehicle more power and also ensures a comfortable riding experience for a long time.
- Versatile: You will like this exhaust instantly because of its design. It can be a versatile addition to your vehicle. And at the same time, they will improve the car’s overall performance.
- Noise Level: To improve riders’ comfort, the exhaust has been tested to ensure EPA noise safety. It means the exhaust will produce comparatively less noise than most other models.
- Weight: If you are a beginner when it comes to handling exhausts, you can use this exhaust system more comfortably as it is more lightweight. It weighs only 3 pounds, which will ensure you handle it with ease during installation.
- Accessories: This exhaust system comes with all the necessary hardware for installation. You don’t have to buy anything extra and need only a ratchet to set them up.
3. Big Gun Evo Race Slip-On Exhaust
The Big Gun Evo Slip-On Exhaust System is the best exhaust for the Yamaha Raptor 700 at a budget price. It has the traditional exhaust design, but the appearance and performance are no less than top brand models.
- Construction: This Big Gun Evo Slip-On Exhaust System is built with stainless steel with a brushed finish. It measures 44.5 x 8.3 x 8.3 inches, making it compatible with a Yamaha Raptor 700 vehicle. The hand flow muffler feature improves exhaust sound and keeps it to a tolerable level.
- Catalytic Reduction: This exhaust system has catalytic reduction technology. It breaks down harmful gas, such as nitrous oxide, and converts it to nitrogen and water. So this system is vastly helpful to keep the pollution level low.
- Durability: Whether it is the exhaust pipe or the muffler, everything about this system can be marked as durable. You can remove the end tip if it needs servicing without making it look like it has been torn off.
- Safety: The design ensures no harmful gas accumulates inside the vehicle’s system. With its two types of channels, this exhaust system will let such gas out, making the car safer for the rider.
4. Big Gun Exhaust Evo R Complete Dual Exhaust
One exhaust system is good. But a dual exhaust system is much better. Besides, it is better to get both at one go than purchasing them separately. That’s why I believe you will like having the Big Gun Exhaust Evo R Complete Dual Exhaust system.
- Dual Exhaust System: Instead of one, this package deal comes with a dual exhaust system. The dimension is large enough to fit Raptor models without any issues. So hopefully, you will not have any fitment issues.
- Weight: The estimated weight of both exhaust systems is 19 pounds. The exhaust systems are pretty heavy, but you must know that they are made with thick materials to ensure longevity.
- Material And Coating: The mid-pipe of the head pipe is made with 304 stainless steel. The oval-shaped aluminum muffler is complicated and anodized. On top of that, the red powder-coated stainless steel tips give the exhausts a stylish look.
- Performance: The sleek design of the muffler maximizes the exhaust’s ability to clear gas. As a result, it boosts the overall performance by increasing horsepower and gas mileage.
5. Sparks Racing Stage 1 Power Kit Ss Big Core Exhaust
The Sparks Racing Stage 1 Power Kit Ss Big Core Exhaust is precisely what you need to turn your Raptor’s performance into a powerful performance. It is compatible, reliable, and comes with everything you need to make it work.
- Reliability: The exhaust system is made in the USA in the company’s in-house manufacturing facility under supervision. It means you can rely on the quality and performance of this Sparks Racing exhaust system.
- Material: This exhaust tube is made with high-grade stainless steel. You should know that stainless steel is the most effective and durable material when it comes to ensuring the exhaust’s performance.
- Hardware: Let’s look at the things you will receive in this exhaust kit package. It comes with a stainless steel exhaust system, ignition controller with mapping, air filter kit, and another free air filter replacement.
- Installation: Since you are getting all the necessary hardware needed for installation, it will make the installation process more manageable. Besides, it will save you time looking for the parts elsewhere for purchase.
Best Exhaust For Yamaha Raptor 700 Buying Guide
It is natural to run towards reputed brands when purchasing vehicle parts. But sometimes, aftermarket exhausts can deliver the same or even better performance than the top-selling brands.
The key is to look into the features rather than the brands. When browsing for the best Yamaha Raptor Exhaust System, you need to consider the dimensions, finishing, material, ease of installation, and a few more things. Here I have discussed everything in detail.
The heating issue or temperature rising in the exhaust system is not uncommon. That’s why it is essential to find one that has high-temperature resistance material. Stainless steel exhaust is the best option in this regard.
Stainless steel is known for its ability to resist heat, and it helps the exhaust run smoothly for a long time. Besides, it keeps the exhaust in good condition for longer.
Diameter And Length
Your quad car will be unstoppable when you have the correct size exhaust. That’s why it is essential to pay attention to its length and overall diameter. But I believe that will not be a big issue as almost all Yamaha Raptor 700 exhaust comes in the right size, and you can check details before purchasing one.
The easiest way to learn if the exhaust will be compatible enough or perform well is to look into its finishing. You will get many options, such as carbon fiber, black chrome, and stainless steel. This part depends mainly on the users’ choice, but it is best to go with the one that offers better performance and durability.
As weird as it may sound, some riders do enjoy the loud, vibrating sound coming from the vehicle. But not all users are the same, and not all exhaust sounds are tolerable. So you need to consider what you want.
But remember that it is safer not to go with the ones that produce a loud noise. Such sounds can sometimes be distracting, and you will not want such a thing if you want to enjoy a safe ride.
Ease Of Installation
If you do not know how to install the exhaust system in the Yamaha Raptor 700, be prepared to spend some more on hiring someone for the job. But if you want to save that money, the best option for you is to purchase an exhaust system that comes with installation instructions. I always try to consider the ones with simple instructions because they also save you time.
An exhaust system should not be too expensive for any user. The good news is that most of them are not.
Yamaha Raptor 700 exhausts are usually affordable. However, it is best to go through multiple models and weigh the price range to see which one is the closest to your budget.
The easiest way to learn if the exhaust you want to buy is suitable for your vehicle is to go through the customer review feeds. Online marketplaces have made this step easier for all of us.
You will see that users discuss the product or leave feedback based on their experience. I have found this too helpful, and I always read customer reviews before making a final decision.
How To Install Exhaust For Yamaha Raptor?
If you have the entire exhaust system figured out, you will quickly understand where to spot the nuts and bolts to remove the old exhaust system and install the new one. You can install the exhaust for your Yamaha Raptor 700 in the following way.
- Before you start, make sure the car vehicle is completely cooled off. If you have driven it recently, wait for some time and make sure it is cool enough to work on. Make sure to park the vehicle on a flat surface so it will not move.
- Reach the front of your vehicle where the exhaust pipe is connected to the engine.
- Use a ratchet to unscrew all the nuts.
- Pay attention when removing the old exhaust system and which hardware belongs where.
- Install the new exhaust system to replace the old one.
- Place the nuts where they go and tighten them using the ratchet.
How to Install Yamaha Raptor Exhaust System (Video)
Signs Of A Faulty Exhaust for Yamaha Raptor
It is natural for the exhaust system to get exhausted after a certain period. But how do you know that? If you come across the following signs, your exhaust system must be going through some troubles.
- One of the first and the most common signs of a faulty exhaust is that it will be noisier than usual. If the exhaust leak occurs, it will keep making something like a tapping or hissing noise.
- A problematic exhaust will hamper your Raptor 700’s performance. You will notice the acceleration speed is slower than before, or it does not receive the same power when you accelerate.
- With the loss of power and acceleration, the vehicle’s fuel economy will drop eventually. It makes the vehicle work harder to match the regular performance, making things even worse.
- Exhaust fumes create heat that can cause leaks near any plastic parts or wiring areas. It will make a strong gas smell come out of the exhaust. And it is never a good sign.
FAQ’s About Exhaust for Yamaha Raptor
Should I Buy A Single Exhaust Or A Dual Exhaust?
When the exhaust gas exits through two systems instead of one, it adds horsepower to your vehicle’s engine. Dual exhaust saves energy and increases fuel economy. So dual exhaust systems are, without a doubt, better than a single exhaust.
How Much Does An Exhaust System Cost?
An exhaust system for the Yamaha Raptor 700 can cost between $450 to $1,200 or more. The price usually depends on the quality, performance range, and brand.
Whether or not the exhaust comes with other accessories also influences the price. The best thing to do is discuss your budget with the seller to see which options are available for you.
Is An Exhaust System Loud?
The entire process of gas entering and getting out of the vehicle’s exhaust system can be noisy. But it is possible to keep it low by installing the right muffler. It would be best to avoid loud exhausts as they are distracting and illegal.
The quickest way to find the best exhaust for Yamaha Raptor 700 is to look into the features. If you have gone through the buying guide, you already know what to look for in an exhaust system. It will help save both your money and time.
But if you still want my recommendation, I will suggest the Yoshimura Signature RS-2 Performance Exhaust System. It is certified for fewer noise issues and works excellently on the Yamaha Raptor 700. And with the performance it offers, I would say it is an excellent option for its value.
And if you want a dual exhaust system with power performance, you should go for the Big Gun Exhaust Evo R Complete Dual Exhaust System. It is getting popular among users these days.
But when it comes to excellent overall performance with affordability, there is no better option than the Big Gun Exhaust 07-1122 Eco Slip-On Exhaust System. It improves your vehicle’s fuel economy and ensures the heating issue remains under control.