You come across a bull bar that matches your truck model, and you think bingo! We hate to break it to you but stop for a moment before getting the first bull bar you stumble upon. It’s never all about the model. You need to consider essential features to ensure that you get the best bull bars for trucks.
A bull bar isn’t only for improving your truck’s aesthetics. It protects the grille, bumper, and headlights. So, you must get a robust and durable bull bar for your truck. Go through the article and find the best choices available in the market. You will also get a buying guide to walk you through the important aspects of choosing a grille guard for your vehicle.
Top 10 Best Bull Bars For Trucks Reviews
1. Tyger Auto TG-GD6T60038 Front Bumper Guard
Compatible with Toyota 2007-2021 Tundra, this bumper guard is an all-in-one product. It not only increases your truck’s beauty but also provides you with extended protection. Let’s have a look at the features.
- All-Inclusive: No need to buy any extra installation accessories. You can find all mounting hardware necessary to install the guard with the product. Besides, a DIY instruction manual also comes with the grille guard.
- Sturdy Construction: The bull bar features seamless welding for extended sturdiness. You can expect your vehicle’s bumper, headlights, and grille to be protected with extra strength as long as this guard is installed on your truck.
- Perfect Finish: This guard is made from 2.5-inch heavy-duty tubing frame. But that’s not all. It also features a black finish with an e-coating texture. The e-coating not only provides your bumper guard with a customized finished look but also protects it from rust.
- Easy Installation: Certainly, the bull bar comes with a convenient bolt-on mounting option. In addition, there are pre-drilled holes for mounting your license plate. You can also install LED lights on the guard if you wish to.
- Hassle-Free Warranty: If you face any manufacturing defects with the product, the brand offers you a hassle-free warranty valid for up to five years.
- Easy installation
- Rust-proof design
- Compatible with additional accessories
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Holes for the license plate
- May vibrate when off-road
2. AUTOSAVER88 Bull Bar
Let’s take a look at the features.
- Sturdy Construction: This bull bar comes with a 3-inch tubing frame. That means you’re getting the most durable and sturdy structure you can get. Nothing else can better protect your vehicle’s front than this guard.
- Smooth Finish: It features an e-coating. This special coating makes the bar resistant to rust. Besides, the welding on this bar is seamless for the utmost protection. So, you
- Easy To Mount: No drilling is necessary to install this bull bar. There are pre-drilled holes you can use to mount it on your vehicle using bolts conveniently. Nothing is more convenient than a bull bar that doesn’t require paying a professional.
- Improves Appearance: There’s no better way to give your truck a sophisticated look than installing a piece of Autosaver88 bull bar. Besides, the option for installing additional lights is also there if that’s something you would like to explore.
- All-Inclusive: Everything you need to install the bull bar will be provided, including an instruction manual. You can get the whole thing together within a short period.
Related Post: Top Rated Disabled Hand Control for Car Review
- Offers extended protection
- Gives your vehicle a stylish look
- Easily installable
- All hardware is included
- Perfect fit for Toyota Tacoma
- E-coating for rust resistance
- The instructions could have been better
3. TAC Bull Bar – Best Brush Guard
This Tac Bull Bar will fit the 2004-2022 Ford F150. If you want a brush guard with outstanding design and excellent built, this one is perfect for you. There are some fascinating features of this guard that make it one of the top truck bull bars. Let’s take a look at the features.
- Protection: It’s heavy-duty and robust that not only protects your vehicle but also creates better visibility. So, your truck will be clearly visible from far, and the chances of accidents will decrease.
- Easy To Mount: The installation procedure of this guard is pretty straightforward. It features a bolt-on mounting that you can do all by yourself. So, if you want a hassle-free bumper guard for your Toyota, this is the best one you can go for.
- 3-Year Warranty: If you face any unwanted manufacturing defects, the brand offers a 3-year hassle-free warranty. So, it’s as reliable as a product gets.
- Versatile Compatibility: You can mount this bull bar on trucks, SUVs, and vans. So, it’s comparatively more versatile than a lot of other options.
- Versatile and robust
- Stainless steel material
- A black powder coating finish
- Custom-made brackets
- 3-year warranty
- You’ll have to remove your tow hooks to mount this.
4. Westin 31-5175 Black E-Series Bull Bar
- Better Compatibility: This bull bar will fit a lot of vehicles. These include Chevrolet, Tahoe, GMC Silverado, Avalanche 2002-2006 1/2 ton 2000, and more models. So, if you want a guard for any one of them, Westin is an excellent choice for you.
- Durable And Stylish: The bull bar features 3-inch coated steel tube. As for the outlook, you can choose from a black-coated finish and a polished chrome finish. If you want your vehicle to have a rugged look, there can’t be a better option than this one.
- Comes With A Kit: You will get a mounting kit with the product, so no extra cost is required for installing this bull bar. In addition, the installation process is quite easy, and anyone can perform it without additional help.
- Makes your truck aesthetically more pleasing
- Protects the vehicle
- Easy to mount
- Compatible with a wide range of vehicle
- Features fully-welded tubes
- Requires the tow hooks to be removed
5. Go Rhino 55326T Bull Bar
If you’re searching for a bump guard that can change the whole outlook of your truck, stick with Go Rhino. It’s a reliable brand for those who are looking for something durable & long-lasting. Let’s take a look at some of the features you won’t want to miss.
- Modern Appearance: Using this bull bar, you can change your vehicle’s appearance within an hour. It’s one of the most stylish units out there that goes with any truck.
- Additional Accessory: There are options for you to use additional accessories like LED lights on the bull bar. So, if you want to improve visibility and make your truck more attractive, you should try some lights out. However, you’ll have to buy them separately.
- Straightforward Installation: The grille guard features a no-drill bracket installation process. That means you can mount the guard all by yourself within an hour. However, one downside is that the mounting accessories are not included with the guard. You’ll have to purchase them separately.
- Better Protection: The crucial responsibility of any bull bar is to protect the most vulnerable part of your truck- the front. This unit is made of 3-inch mild steel tubing, so you can expect it to protect your vehicle in the best way possible.
- Stylish appearance
- Easy to install
- Compatible with different vehicles
- LEDs can be mounted
- Sturdy and robust
- No installation kit is included
6. Rough Country Black LED Bull Bar
You don’t often come across a bull bar that includes an LED bar. Rough Country is certainly a special bull bar you need to add to your consideration list. Let’s give you some details about the bull bar.
- LED Bar: This bull bar from Rough Country features an extremely bright LED light bar. It not only improves your truck’s outlook but also makes the vehicle more visible to others in the dark. It’s also reliably durable and comes with a 3-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Affordability At Its Best: Even though it’s a fancy bull bar to add to your truck, it’s surprisingly inexpensive for its features. So, users looking for an affordable option will certainly benefit from such a marvelous bull bar.
- Strong Built: The bull bar has a robust construction to do what it’s supposed to do. It features 3-inch steel tubing to provide your vehicle with the highest level of protection. In addition, there’s a coating on top to make it corrosion-resistant.
- Stylish And Functional: Rough Country bull bar isn’t only effective when it comes to functionality. The construction and the light bar make it one of the most attractive gadgets for vehicles.
- Attractive and functional
- LED light bar with a 3-year warranty
- Straightforward installation
- Comes with license plate brackets
- Instructions can be a bit difficult to understand
7. Lund 86521213 Revolution Bull Bar
- Integrated LED Bar: The guard has an integrated 20-inch off-road 54 watt Cree light bar. It has a flood beam pattern that creates 3000 lumens. Driving around at night will be much more rugged than before with this bull bar installed on your truck.
- High-Quality Materials: The Lund Revolution bull bar is made with heavy-duty stamped steel. It’s durable and provides utmost protection to your vehicle. In addition, it also has a powder-coated and lightly textured black matte finish.
- What’s Included: Many bull bars don’t accompany anything at all. With this one, you’ll get a kit to relocate the license plate, an in-cab switch, and a wire harness.
- Warranty: You will get a limited lifetime warranty on the bull bar, which most bull bars don’t offer. In addition, the LED light bar comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- Integrated LED light bar
- Creates a rugged look
- Heavy-duty materials
- Backed by warranty
- Easy to mount with no drilling
- Not compatible with a lot of vehicle models
Lund Revolution Bull Bar Video Review
8. ARIES Black Aluminum Truck Bull Bar
The next one we have on our list is slightly different from the others. Unlike most other bull bars we talked about in this truck bull bars review, which are made of steel, this one features aluminum. Let’s see what this one has to offer.
- Anti-Corrosion: One excellent feature aluminum has to offer is corrosion resistance. You can expect your bull bar to withstand rain, dirt, snow, and mud if you are using this bull bar. It also comes with a strong powder finish on top to create superior protection.
- No-Drill Mount: No need to drill holes, which means no visit to the mechanic. You can mount the bar on your truck all by yourself. It’s a custom fit for Toyota Tundra.
- Unique Design: The bull bar features an octagonal grid crossbar made of aluminum to provide your vehicle with a smart and unique look. Besides, the bar features an integrated LED light bar if that’s something you’re interested in.
- Lightweight: Aluminum is an excellent option if you want to lose the extra weight of the bull bar. This material is lightweight compared to steel, which also favors you in the installation procedure. However, the brackets for mounting the bar are made of heavy-duty steel for sturdy protection.
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Resistant to corrosion
- Unique design
- Flush mount LED lights
- Not as robust as steel bars
9. Steelcraft 70120B Bull Bar
- Robust Structure: It’s tough to get a sturdy structure at this price. However, this one will surely exceed your expectations with its beefy structure. So, if you want a robust unit without breaking the bank, Steelcraft is the brand to go with.
- Easy Mounting: Like most other bull bars, it doesn’t require drilling holes. It may take some time to mount, but it’s completely doable on your own garage. No need to spend extra money on hiring a mechanic.
- Aesthetics: Along with providing ample protection to your vehicle, it also increases your vehicle’s aesthetics. It’ll give your truck a rugged look and make the vehicle stand out in the crowd.
- Additional Accessories: Even though the bull bar doesn’t come with built-in LED lights, you can mount some if you want. The lack of a built-in LED bar is entirely understandable, given the price it comes with.
- Robust and sturdy
- Improves aesthetics
- LED lights can be mounted
- Easy to install
- Extremely affordable
- You may have to buy an additional license plate adapter
10. KYX Bull Bar – Best Brush Guard
The last bull bar we have on our list is the KYX Bull Bar. It’s one of the most versatile bumper guards you can find in the market. It fits the 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Classic, 1999-2006 GMC Sierra 1500, and 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic, Chevy Silverado 1500, 2000-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon, Suburban, Yukon XL 1500, 2002-2006 Chevy Avalanche 1500, etc. Let’s see the features it offers.
- Extremely Durable: This bar features heavy-gauge steel to get your truck the highest possible protection. However, the bull bar features seamless welding to make a more robust construction along with high-quality material. The gear is also rust-resistant and has a removable skid plate for extended protection.
- Pre-Drilled Holes: Add your favorite lights to the bull bar because it has pre-drilled holes in it. There is no hassle in adding extra lights and enjoying some quality driving off-road at night.
- Better Protection: Not only is the bar perfect for protecting the vehicle from unwanted incidents, but it’s also waterproof and rust-proof. You can keep driving in all weather types, and the bar still won’t get damaged.
- Included: You will get a mounting hardware set, as well as an extremely helpful instruction manual with the bull bar. The process is pretty straightforward. It only requires a bolt-on method rather than doing any drilling. So, the entire process is doable in your home garage using simple tools.
- Water and rust-proof
- Well-built and durable
- Pre-drilled holes for lights
- No drilling is required for mounting it
- Instruction manual and installation hardware included
- Installation can be a bit confusing for some users
How To Choose The Best Bull Bars For Trucks?
We’ve sorted out the best products you can find in the market. But, how do you identify the best ones? You can evaluate some features to determine the better choice at hand. Let’s have a look at them.
Materials play a crucial role in every product. Bull bars aren’t any different either. You need to look out for the raw material your bull bar is made of. Here are two options you can come across.
Aluminum is very lightweight. It’s cheap too. These are the plus sides. On a more negative note, aluminum is not as robust as you want your bull bar to be. Because bull bars are meant to protect your vehicle’s vulnerable components, it’s essential to consider the safety aspects.
On the other hand, steel is comparatively pricier than aluminum. However, it provides far superior protection to your truck. Even though aluminum has its perks, steel is the way to go if you’re thinking about long-term investments.
Aluminum can be erosion-resistant. However, if you wish to keep your bull bar looking new for an extended period, there isn’t an alternative to steel.
There are limited options in bull bar finishes. Besides, there isn’t any significant difference between them. So, it comes down to your personal preference.
However, we do recommend looking for a corrosion-resistant option if you want your bull bar to last longer.
Expensive doesn’t always mean better. If you have a pretty handsome budget for your bull bar, make sure to do thorough research before purchasing a high-end bull bar. With a fair budget, you can get some convenient features.
For instance, integrated LED lights, mounting accessories, better warranty backups, robust built are some of the attributes you can expect if you have a good budget for the bumper guard.
One of the essential things is to check compatibility. If the bull bar isn’t compatible with your vehicle model, there’s no use in getting it in the first place. So, make sure that installing the bull bar won’t disturb any of your components.
Some bull bars will require your tow hooks removed. Many users don’t mind doing that but if that’s an issue for you, make sure to choose another one.
Some bull bars will require you a lot of time, and you may have to visit a mechanic to install the guard. However, some of them are pretty convenient to install. They don’t require any drilling and provide a DIY instruction manual.
These bull bars may take some time, but you can mount the bull bars without any help. So, if you don’t want to go through any hassles, stick to a bull bar that’s easy to install.
Even though we’re keeping this feature under additional accessories, note that some bull bars do not come with an installation kit. That means you will have to buy an additional mounting kit for installing it.
Calculate your costs and the quality of the product. If you feel like spending extra on a kit will be worth it, there’s no reason to cut it off from your list. However, if you don’t want that hassle, go for one that comes with all the necessary accessories.
You can also get one of those bumper guards that features a built-in LED bar to increase visibility and style. So, if you’re into something that, these bull bars are worth taking a look at.
Not everyone considers this a must-have for bull bars. However, if you want a safety net in case of manufacturing defects, there are plenty of options that allow you decent warranty backup. Warranty backups are also an indicator of how durable the product is.
Users who have experience using a particular bull bar will be able to provide you with better insights. So, keep an eye out for the product’s user reviews if you want to get an honest description of the bull bar rather than believe the manufacturers’ advertisements.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bull Bars
What does a bull bar do?
A bull bar will protect your vehicle’s frontal components, including the bumper, headlights, and grille.
What are the best grille guards for trucks?
The ones we reviewed in this article are all excellent options if you want one in your truck or SUV.
What are the benefits of a bull bar?
A bull bar not only protects your truck from accidents but also contributes to the aesthetic features of a vehicle. You can change the entire outlook of your truck or SUV by adding an excellent bull bar.
What is the best bumper guard?
All the bull bars we reviewed are excellent bumper guards for your truck. They’re robust, sturdy, and well-built to offer your vehicle’s front part the highest level of protection.
How to Install Bull Bars on Truck (Practical Video)
You have to remember that one thing that’s best for someone may not be best for you. Having said that, the same goes for bull bars. If you want to filter out the best bull bars for trucks, you need multiple options and consider what’s most suitable for you. That’s why we’ve considered every aspect and created this review.
You can isolate the one that suits your needs more specifically. For instance, if you don’t want to add extra LED lights and want a built-in bar in your bumper guard, consider Rough Country Black LED Bull Bar.
Similarly, if you value a hassle-free purchase, you can go with the Tyger Auto TG-GD6T60038 Front Bumper Guard. If you desire versatility, we recommend you stick with Westin 31-5175 Black E-Series Bull Bar.